PDA

View Full Version : EXA / NX related Laptop into EXA

Blood
6th April 2004, 06:33 PM
Anyone suggest a good place to mount a laptop..

Cant say why i need it just yet.. its a secret..
but you will all know in good time..

I want ot be able to acces the keyboard (preferably) while driving

I can set up a wireless mouse and keybord... but the keyboard is way too big
Any ideas ?...

danny
6th April 2004, 06:45 PM
well if ur only using it when no one else is in the car
put it in the passanger seat
and fold it out that why no nnnn can see it when u park

benjamin3000
6th April 2004, 06:53 PM
Have a look in electronics stores, you can buy black keyboards that fold up to a tiny size. There are also half keyboards which include an extra shift key to alternate between keys on the left hand and right hand side of the keyboard.... neither are great to type on for prolonged periods but if you want access when driving i'm assuming you're not doing pages of homework :)
For mounting you could build a retractable shelf like you see on many computer desks.

caily
6th April 2004, 06:55 PM
ok two guesses....NOS or dyno
hahahaha, sorry didn't mean to spoil it!

WantEXA
6th April 2004, 06:59 PM
Install a 7" or so LCD screen in your dash (under that oil\volt guages would be sick) Connect to the laptop. then buy one of theses keyboards Mini Keyboard (http://www.pccasegear.com.au/prod1226.htm)

Then go to k-mart or somewhere and buy a MINI notebook mouse, and there u hav it :) a computer with the laptop being able to be mounted under a seat or something :)

WantEXA

wingnut
6th April 2004, 07:10 PM
i'm beting it will plug into an ecu!
maybe for a det???

Elanore
6th April 2004, 08:16 PM
nah. i reckon it will be used to play MP3's

exa80y
6th April 2004, 08:51 PM
making assumption that u arnt typing much....

palm pilots have a rubber keyboard that can be plugged in and are rather small in size and can be placed just about anywhere u want....

Blood
6th April 2004, 09:28 PM
Hmm.. nice ideas guys...

But still i would prefer to mount the laptop accessable..

I am sick of all these ppl with small 7 " screens
i got me a 16" baby !!!

was thinking a wireless keyboard, which has a mouse on it

Jimmy
6th April 2004, 09:55 PM
you could always buy a 19" LCD mod the glove box and have it fold out of there

boostinhard
6th April 2004, 11:22 PM
Hey,
when I do laptop datalog runs, I just sit the laptop on the passenger floor. Still accessable, I only recomend quickly clicking on buttons and stuff though, not typing out messages! Depends if you want one permanently mounted or not.
Sam

gareth
7th April 2004, 12:20 AM
damn all these secret mods!!!!!!!! Although a laptop can do many things in a vehicle, wireless internet (over here we have a 1X card that you can buy and it allows for internet as fast as high speed!), DVDs, MP3s, engine management, etc. very cool to see a laptop in a car as well, F&F kinda, don't know if that turns you off the whole idea lol!

FLANO
7th April 2004, 12:33 AM
meh make sum kind of a rack that slides out from under the glovebox or make sumthn that will fold away into your glove box so u open the glovebox fold the rack out, mount the laptop....
qn though is this gonna be in your car permanently or what? if it is i think its kinda silly esp if its for tuning your car... yeah laptop puters r cool, i mite be gettin mine linked up soon, but its only gonna be in there to tune then put away, no drivin round with it...

Rox0rz Carz0rz
7th April 2004, 01:08 AM
i would agree with a glove-box mounting. have it fold out when u open it or something. Or, scrap the oil/volt guages, and u've got a nice flat surface right on ur dash

blaze
8th April 2004, 07:49 AM
if you modded seats could have it fold out of the passenger seat, or have the butt part fold up to reveal it, wouldnt work with passengers though. Other then that us the glovebox.

ExaBaybee
8th April 2004, 10:06 AM
oh look another way for the cops to fine ya.. first its the mobiles.. now youll all get done for having a usable laptop within arms reach.. lol...

good luck chris... there aint much room in there hey??