PDA

View Full Version : What To Look For In Buying??

AdN
19th April 2004, 12:56 AM
Hey all,
im thinking of buying a NX coupe and i was just wandering what i should be looking for when looking at a 1992 model. i hear the muffler leaks after a few Kms. it has run a good 200k kms. is there anything else to look out for?? anything that would be costy or annoying for the future? :confused:

also "10WNX" what colour green is your car?? does it have a special name or anything. it looks great! :alien1:

also one last question for everyone why doesn't this site have many NX coupes when it called nxcoupe.com

BooM
19th April 2004, 01:28 AM
Hey mate,

Im new to this site/club aswell, however i have been told that the reason there isnt many NX owners as yet is because it was origonally an EXA club only.

Now to the car...

Make sure you check the clutch out good. Listen for noises etc etc. Check there log books and see how often it was serviced. Has it had a rebuild? Ohh one thing that pissed me off when i got mine was the damn boot lifters didnt hold the boot up. Listen for vibrations, this leads to engine mout replacement etc. Those km's are quite high so i would deff get it checked out by RAC or a mechanic.

- Paul

AdN
19th April 2004, 01:33 AM
OK, thanks ill keep all that in mind, so is the engine rebuild good or bad??? like because if its been rebuilt doesn't that mean its been thrashed as shit and needed to be rebuilt? are there any electrical problems with the car?? or should all be good?

Thanks,
AdN

sicknx
19th April 2004, 10:29 AM
hey mate.. my green is called PPG candy apple green with house of kolor ice gold pearl

anyway back to the car... listen for any knocking sounds.. check the sparkplugs etc.. but i highly recommend to get it checked out by a mechanic
good luck with it all they great little cars

Steve

AdN
19th April 2004, 10:38 AM
ok thanks, everyone, now just waiting for the person with the car to return my calls and after that see what happens and ill get back to you all.

thanks,
see ya later

mekros
19th April 2004, 07:02 PM
Heya,

A few things you can check yourself:

Tyre sizes and wear. Are they the factory sizes or right size for the mags. How much tread is left?

Check the foglights and rear lights all work. I found when I was looking alot of NXrs had a broken passenger light.

Check your targas work and don't leak!

The rear wing on the NXR seems to be good at leaking, it takes in water and only comes out when the hatch is lifted.

The hatch pops open when you use the remote release.

Check your hoses.

As well as revving the guts out of it, try and drive like a grandma, my car had a real rough spot that was only picked up when i drove like a granny during a test drive.

I can keep going on :o

PM me if you want some more things that I looked out for or forgot about :alien2:

Mek

rednxcoupe
19th April 2004, 07:40 PM
make sure that the seals on the targa top are in good nick, you do not want to be replacing those, very expensive

Woodyboy
19th April 2004, 11:42 PM
Here's a "NX Buyers Guide" that I was working on so that it could be submitted onto the website. There is probably a few things that some people have already mentioned that I could add to it. Feel free to post anything else that should be on it.

Guide to buying a NX Coupe.doc (http://home.iprimus.com.au/rainbows/Guide to buying a NX Coupe.doc)

AdN
19th April 2004, 11:50 PM
hey thanks heaps i will just print that out and take it with me, lolz, i just hope it ok so i can buy it

mekros
2nd May 2004, 06:02 PM
Dude,

Just seeing, how did you car hunt go, are you now a proud owner of an NX?

Mek