PDA

View Full Version : Targa rubber worn out.

young-gun-nxr
18th November 2009, 09:20 PM
Hi all, is there any way or getting the rubber on the outside of the targa re done or do i have to get a new targa? The rubber has deteriorated and is squeaking.

has anyone has their targas re done or is it easier to grab a good contition pair from the wreckers?

NzNXtacy
19th November 2009, 07:53 PM
I just bought a 2nd hand pair on Trademe from an NX that had done less than 100,000kms! They look mint, and they only cost $100 for all the door seals, rubbers and plastic bits. Stoked.

Brand new ones would be the way to go but be prepared to pay big bucks.

Some people say that you can use black silicone but I know that would be a recipe for disaster for most people and it doesn't look the flashest.

Lyshious
20th November 2009, 12:28 PM
If you CAN get it from the wreckers - do it. The targa seals have been on my to-do list for a while. Been quoted around the $700 mark to have the seals all replaced brand new.

Kat
2nd December 2009, 12:51 AM
i was quoted 1400 to get my seals on my targa roof redone and i couldnt afford that so and right now i just have black tape on it but if you can find some at the wreckers would you let me know where you went as i would love to fix it but really just cant afford it