PDA

View Full Version : Power Steering Hose!!!

LWilson91
21st April 2010, 02:31 PM
Hey guys, I'm Luke and i've always looked at this forum but never joined and i thought well why not =)

Well i've got a massive power steering leak and i was wondering how hard it was to unbolt it and replace it... i got quoted 120 bucks for a replica but my mate has an nx and he's offered me his power steering hose so i'm going to try that out first... the hose runs down next to the firewall, has anyone attempted to remove it before or just got someone else to? what procedures are necessary? seems like an absolute prick of a job lol

Cheers.

NzNXtacy
21st April 2010, 07:19 PM
Are you talking about the hose that comes up from the power steering pump and goes behind the drivers side strut tower into a sensor and then back down?

irishjoe
22nd April 2010, 10:52 AM
Link (http://www.nissanexa.com/showthread.php?52647-New-High-Pressure-Power-Steering-Hose)

LWilson91
22nd April 2010, 11:13 AM
Yeah that's the one i'm talking about, it's got a special fitting runs down past the strt tower practically against the firewall thanks irish =)

irishjoe
22nd April 2010, 11:14 AM
With a bit of practice, u can get them changed in about 25 mins. I've changed mine 3 times now :(

LWilson91
24th April 2010, 06:34 PM
Yeah well last night my nxr stuffed itself, i put it into gear and she doesn't move, clutch in or out there is no difference so i'm guessing the clutch is gone hopefully not the drive train but i'mm gonna sell it now anyways either buy a corolla ae93 4age sx or something like that that's a four door =)