PDA

View Full Version : N12 Tech info needed!

GPexa
28th November 2003, 07:54 PM
If anyone has any technical info for the n12 EXA lying around, feel free to send it in to us to include on the site.

This site has for too long been mainly n13 oriented, and we'd like to change that. We're looking for any info, pics, brochures, engine info car specs etc... :)

Nisman
30th November 2003, 11:10 PM
http://www.geocities.com/changerz/diskbrakes.html

all the info about the disk brake conversion is on my web page including pics.
hope this helps.

GPexa
1st December 2003, 03:03 AM
Cheers! :)

Sure it's alright us using your info? Hopefully we can compile some other mods to put with it...

Nisman
1st December 2003, 12:01 PM
yeh go for it, if it helps someone else then that was the whole purpose of even putting it on the net.
Take what you want, i think i have more pics if you need me to send them to you.

Double valve springs
The Crow cam 4220 double valve spring is a perfect upgrade for the e15et engine, providing 20lb's more seat pressure and a higher spring rate. The fit in using the standard retainers and standard shim, so no modifications are necessary.
These springs are actually made for an a12 but fit perfectly and are what i am currently running in my exa

fj20t are a straight bolt in injector upgrade, capable of flowing around 530cc.

vl throttle body will bolt straight up tot he stock inlet, it is 20mm larger in diameter. ive got pics of this too

http://www.geocities.com/changerz/inletmod.html
airflow meter relocation

these are most of the comon mods.

t25g is a bolt up turbo upgrade, i can give u some pics of that too, although i dont have step by step pics.

GPexa
1st December 2003, 05:28 PM
thanks! :)

I'll be overhauling the exa specs and modifications sections this week, dividing them into n12, n13 and b13 :)

GPexa
2nd December 2003, 04:37 AM
Also, out of interest.... does anyone have any spec sheets to fill this in??

Engine
Type: E15T 1.5 Litres
Configuration: 4 cylinders
Cams: Single Overhead
Valves: X
Fuel Injection: Electronic
Management:
Displacement: XXXXcc Bore x Stroke: XX x XXmm
Max. Power: XXkW@XXXXrpm
Max. Torque: XXXNm@XXXXrpm
Compression Ratio: X:1
Fuel Tank Capacity: XX litres
Electrical System 12 volts

Transmission
Manual, five forward speeds: one reverse.
Floor-mounted gearshift. 1st X.XXX, 2nd X.XXX, 3rd X.XXX, 4th X.XXX, 5th X.XXX, Reverse X.XXX Final drive X.XXX

Brakes
Front: Ventilated discs Rear: Drums

Steering
Rack and pinion.
Turning circle: X m

Suspension
Front: Independent strut stabilser bar ??
Rear: Parallel link strut ???

Tyres & Wheels
Tyres: XXX/XX RXX Steel Radials
Wheels: XXxX Alloy wheels plus space saver tyre ??

Instrumentation
Speedometer
Tachometer
Fuel Gauge
Temperature Gauge
Warning Light System

Dimensions and Weight
Overall Length : XXXXmm
Overall Width : XXXXmm
Overall Height : XXXXmm
Wheelbase : XXXXmm
Front Track : XXXXmm
Rear Track : XXXXmm
Kerb Weight : XXXXkg

If anyone could fill in the X's, and fill me in on the ??'s, that'd be great! ;)

staker009
2nd December 2003, 12:26 PM
Hey, this is an orginal spec sheet for the ET but theres some engine stuff there thats the same as the EXA on it you can use. http://www.n12turbo.com/files/etp4.jpg
http://www.n12turbo.com/files/files.htm that site may help you also.

GPexa
3rd December 2003, 06:59 AM
Wicked... it's all filled in now... :) I think it's all correct too.... :P If you see any errors, point 'em out...

Now for some mods :)

Garry
3rd December 2003, 07:57 PM
DIY mods...

you can take out the manifold pressure valve... which is the bronze coloured mushroom valve on the intake manifold. A plug from BBC does fit.

reallocation of the Air flow meter to underneath the battery. This will make the car rev quicker but you will lose torque.

apparently the crank on the E16 fits into the E15. All running gear fits.

of course you can upgrade your turbo, but a water cooled one is better. the hgouseing is bigger and apparently can hold higher boost without mush stress. The smaller turbos usually crack between the wastgate and exhaust impeller.

if you want to experience high boost, the absolute most you can get out of your turbo. Disconnect the rubber hose from the turbo to the actuator. The boost will increase till it can't boost anymore. The computer takes about 5 minutes to realise whats going on and you will begin to ping!! and quite possible blow up the motor.

Ok, this one is a tricky one. I read the service manual of the N12 and the N13. Both gearboxes are completely different. N13 is much much heavier. But yet the part numbers are identicle! the gear ratios are the same etc...

I read this over and over... my transmission guy said that the internals are different. So i don't know how they get the parts in.

EXA ACE
5th February 2004, 04:12 PM
i got the proper n12 nissan manual that tells you every thing you could ever want how to rebuild engine gear box what you ate for fucken breakfast its that good so if you ever want to know any thing dont hesatate to call me my number is 0423243428 http://disp_pic

Troytroy
9th February 2004, 06:00 PM
or if you're in SYDNEY I have the manual as well...like EXA ACE said, it has everything....

Use this site to contact me, I check it daily.

greatarcticwolf
11th February 2004, 05:43 PM
Hey guys, once again as you know, I'm new to the group.

A couple of quick Questions Where do Nisman and Exa Ace Live?

Nisman, I'm doing up my N12, you seem to know heaps about what to do to them, I'm not overly mechanically minded, if I get stuck can I bounce a few questions off you?

Exa Ace,

I have a stuffed Exa Gearbox, I haven't pulled it apart yet, where abouts are you? Brisbane with a bit of luck, if I need to have a look at those books would you mind if I popped over if you're in Bris to have a look if I can fix the gearbox?

Thanks,
Ross

10WXA
17th February 2004, 10:41 PM
what petrol does the 84 model n12 take mine is running on leaded mainly

Nisman
19th February 2004, 01:18 PM
all exa's are a leaded only car, however they still have the same hardened valve seats that the unleaded model has... meaning that you can run unleaded in them with no probs.
but be aware, that unleaded (unless you use optimax or premium) has a lower RON than leaded, and will cause your car to ping. this can be elimated by tuning the car to suit it.
also if you get pinched by the epa you may get a large fine as you have no cat.

EXA ACE
19th February 2004, 05:02 PM
yeah the ace lives in brisbane send me a message when u want to see it

SLAPP YO MAMMA

NissanNiNjA
23rd February 2004, 05:57 PM
i need the induction flow rates as well as the flow rates from the T2... basically im gunna need a full spec on the e15t.. any suggestions where to find it for free?

TimBeau
2nd March 2004, 10:21 AM
do you need to prime a new turbo with oil before fitting ?

Nisman
2nd March 2004, 10:59 AM
yes you do, remove the coil lead and allow the engine to crank over until the oil light goes out. When it does then its right to go.

Khronik
14th May 2004, 01:52 AM
anyone got problems with the low petrol warning light? might doesn't work and i got no idea what to fix, i'm guessing theres a problem in the wiring somewhere, not in the instrument cluster and not on the floatie either.

simplywhiten12
23rd June 2004, 10:40 PM
Actually in discussing right now.

Myself and a few guys have some magazines which we are scanning which have cover stories of the n12 exa turbo.
The aritcles i have will fill all those questions you have. its in pdf, if ur email can handle about 2.4 mb, tell me, ill send it...

exaboi
24th July 2004, 02:18 PM
Hey guys where abouts is the water pump located hehe call me stupid but I can't find it. I am looking cause my water temp gauge isn't working at all so I wanted to see if the wire was even connected properly it was working a few weeks ago but now it doesn't so just wanted to check. thanks guys

exaboi

Chronic
24th July 2004, 11:28 PM
it's on the driver side of the block, theres a pulley with 4 10mm bolts on it and the belt connects to the aircon and crank. the water pump is behind that pulley. if thats hard to understand then follow the driver side radiator hose, the part that goes into the block, your water pump is right behind it.

SEXC EXA
4th August 2004, 08:09 PM
sup boyzz! do any of u people know where the air adjuster is on my carbed n12 1500?

Nisman
10th September 2004, 10:13 PM
exaboi the water temp sensor is actually located on the other end of the engine, just behind the dizzy.

sexc exa if you mean the idle mixture screw it is on the rear of the carby from memory, its the only screw that goes into the body of the carby. to adjust it, all the way in then out 2 1/2 turns, then slightly adjust for the smoothest idle.

t28internals
10th October 2004, 10:08 AM
If anyone has any technical info for the n12 EXA lying around, feel free to send it in to us to include on the site.

This site has for too long been mainly n13 oriented, and we'd like to change that. We're looking for any info, pics, brochures, engine info car specs etc... :)
yeah thats it my n12 exa would smash all the n13s. thats why i need a tuner in townsville thats good can u help at all.Im running wolf3d version 4, 3inch exhast stainless steel and dump pipe, vl turbo throttle body and fuel pump, fj20 injectors, fully flowed head,stage 2 race cam, ported polished and matched manifolds, vl turbo intercooler custum made and 2 1/2inch stainless steel intercooler pipe custum made, hypertec pistons with racing top end and bottom end bearings, shot peened conrods, bigger distrubiter, 10mm leads, msd ignition 6al, blaster coil 2, bov, 4 padel brass button clucth, all gauges etc. Can u help please

JPinto
27th December 2004, 12:43 AM
Could you send those article to me too? I bought a car recently and have little info about it.

Thanks ;)

By the way where are the internet sites you mention??

neryse
28th December 2004, 01:55 AM
or if you're in SYDNEY I have the manual as well...like EXA ACE said, it has everything....

Use this site to contact me, I check it daily. :bounce: Troy I was wandering if you could check in you manual how to line up the new ring gear with the flywheel there is a mark on the flywheel, im not shure where the teeth of the new ring gear line up with the mark.I should of checked to old one before I took it off but I didnt think of it till later, Hope you can help me thanks, :hello:

hainerob
9th March 2005, 10:28 PM
Extracted some N12 EXA information out of a mechanics' database... has heaps of information.

http://www.users.on.net/~rhaines/exainfo/

Enjoy.

Rob.

mattybaby
21st March 2005, 10:14 PM
i know i havent been a member for long at all, but it would be great to see the tech files here like the N13 technican category has....

I have quite a bit on the e15t and am willing to upload them all to my web page to veiw................ so if you have PDF files etc..... send them to me and i'll set it up...

Cheers! :eek:

Indifilmz
22nd May 2005, 09:55 PM
hey simplywhiten12, id love that pdf file.... if you can shoot it to bodnaruk@bigpond.net.au that would be fantastic. Cheers mate.

The Future
20th June 2005, 10:43 PM
i got the proper n12 nissan manual that tells you every thing you could ever want how to rebuild engine gear box what you ate for fucken breakfast its that good so if you ever want to know any thing dont hesatate to call me my number is 0423243428 http://disp_pic

That shop manual is available from Nissan Aus, but pricey ... I got mine from the local car bookstore for $60 (in 2001) ... it's damn handy if you want to do your own work.

mattybaby
21st June 2005, 01:16 PM
got one ebay $20

mattybaby
15th July 2005, 08:43 PM
ok boys and girls and animals alike :) I have Nearly completed scanning in the WHOLE n12 service manual......... Nearly 280 pages in all :0 gonna be a BIG file1! but well worth it!

Pulsar_ET-R
15th July 2005, 09:19 PM
all exa's are a leaded only car, however they still have the same hardened valve seats that the unleaded model has... meaning that you can run unleaded in them with no probs.
but be aware, that unleaded (unless you use optimax or premium) has a lower RON than leaded, and will cause your car to ping. this can be elimated by tuning the car to suit it.
also if you get pinched by the epa you may get a large fine as you have no cat.
yeh they can run unleaded cos japan went too unleaded 1976 correct? so in reality all these engines being imported would be unleaded as long as its high octane

mattybaby
15th July 2005, 09:22 PM
yeah, hardened valve seats help too :)

wado600
15th July 2005, 10:54 PM
ok boys and girls and animals alike :) I have Nearly completed scanning in the WHOLE n12 service manual......... Nearly 280 pages in all :0 gonna be a BIG file1! but well worth it!

I am looking forward to that file :)

therubberband
15th August 2005, 04:23 PM
When will the n12 mods stuff be updated onto the modifications part of the site?

dirtydatsin
2nd May 2006, 06:52 AM
DIY mods...

you can take out the manifold pressure valve... which is the bronze coloured mushroom valve on the intake manifold. A plug from BBC does fit.

reallocation of the Air flow meter to underneath the battery. This will make the car rev quicker but you will lose torque.

apparently the crank on the E16 fits into the E15. All running gear fits.

of course you can upgrade your turbo, but a water cooled one is better. the hgouseing is bigger and apparently can hold higher boost without mush stress. The smaller turbos usually crack between the wastgate and exhaust impeller.

if you want to experience high boost, the absolute most you can get out of your turbo. Disconnect the rubber hose from the turbo to the actuator. The boost will increase till it can't boost anymore. The computer takes about 5 minutes to realise whats going on and you will begin to ping!! and quite possible blow up the motor.

Ok, this one is a tricky one. I read the service manual of the N12 and the N13. Both gearboxes are completely different. N13 is much much heavier. But yet the part numbers are identicle! the gear ratios are the same etc...

I read this over and over... my transmission guy said that the internals are different. So i don't know how they get the parts in.
the E16 crank fits BUT the E15t cons/pistons will not fit. theey sit .75mm (I THINK!!??) above the top of the block which makes them 1.5mm too high. this is becoz the E15t pistons have more steel between the compression rings, also the gudgeon pins are heavier duty than the E16. im building an E16 motor at the moment to replace my blown E15T. but the high comp. means less boost, pressure wise (in clyinders) i think 6psi should equate to the same pressure as the E15t running 10psi going on a boost pressure conversion chart that i have.

Ben Hewitson
2nd May 2006, 08:45 AM
use E15ET rods, and custom cosworth blanks or use the E16 Rods and shave 3mm from the piston crown..

i'm building up an E15ET with E16 crank, Z pistons and some other little mods to bring capacity to abotu 1.7.. slightly higher than the 1688 you can get with E15 pistons and E16 crank. will post up details when its finished.

thinman
24th August 2006, 03:10 PM
Where did this file end up?

Photoglossy
24th August 2006, 06:20 PM
nowhere... lol. Matty has left the forums and abandoned us:p

jsanders
26th August 2006, 02:29 AM
i've got a dealership factory shop manual for a 1986 nissan pulsar nx north american models. i've been scanning that in and converting it to pdf. Yes, edible text and vector graphics. clear as clear can be. might take a while though.

jsanders
30th December 2006, 07:03 PM
well, i finally got around to working on the scanning, pdfing, and scalable vector gfx. heres a little test, not a complete page

the text i'm using a font called convection, which is suppost to be the official xbox 360 font, but i might change it to verdana, depending on how much space it takes up on a page.

the pictures have been scanned in and converted in a live trace in adobe illustrator, expanded, and then imported to the pdf. zoom right up to 6400% and theres absolutely not one pixelation artificat whatsoever.

it'll be easy once i get the first layout margins, fonts, sizes, spaces, all done, then its a matter of just copying and pasting the dada from OCR.

A couple of reasons i'm doing this. First, I wanna learn about my pulsar inside and out. Second, my factory manual is taking a good beating, and at least if theres a perfect digital version out, it'll last forever. I think this is turning out to be better than the original in terms of gfx quality wise.

Photoglossy
30th December 2006, 07:57 PM
VERY nice my young apprentice:)

jsanders
5th January 2007, 12:41 PM
Alright some n12 tech info, right out of the NISSAN PULSAR NX Model N12 Series manual produced in 1985 for the 86 model year.

I had to redo quite a few scans because it scanned at 200dpi, and not at 600dpi. 600dpi makes the pics look nicer!

So here we go. Should i make a new thread when i get more info posted and finished?

GENERAL INFORMATION (http://web.rulex.net/smextreme/GENERAL INFORMATION.pdf) (636KB pdf)

MAINTENANCE

ENGINE MECHANICAL

ENGINE LUBRICATION & COOLING SYSTEMS

ENGINE FUEL & EMISSION CONTROL SYSTEM

ENGINE REMOVAL & INSTALLATION

ENGINE CONTROL, FUEL & EXHAUST SYSTEMS

CLUTCH

MANUAL TRANSAXLE

AUTOMATIC TRANSAXLE

FRONT AXLE & FRONT SUSPENSION

REAR AXLE & REAR SUSPENSION

BRAKE SYSTEM

STEERING SYSTEM

BODY

HEATER & AIR CONDITIONER

ELECTRICAL SYSTEM

Twiztid Chaos
12th January 2007, 01:29 PM
can i get some help here? i just got a nissan pulsar and really like it. i want some help finding parts (body kits, mods, and so on for it). Its a 1985 nissan pulsar NX grey/Black (( VIN: jn1mn2454fm105221 )).

Thanks in advance. when i get time ill get some phots up. :driving:

Twizzy

Pulsar_ET-R
12th January 2007, 01:48 PM
i suggest just flicking thru just about all the threads in teh n12 section cos if its turbo there are plenty of threads on mods here :)

Twiztid Chaos
12th January 2007, 01:53 PM
its not a turbo... its just standard carb...i think. just got it tonight. dont know much about it other than i think its cool. been trying to get it for months, finally broke down and paid $800.00 usd to an ol' lady that owned it since 85'. runs like new, looks good with 2tone grey and black. everything works and its almost %50 rebuilt (as for maintenance parts). ill get pics up and more info if someone can help me out finding what i would need for it.

Twizzy

Pulsar_ET-R
12th January 2007, 02:11 PM
best uys to speak to would be wes and prolly jsanders Im pretty sure Wes has done a shit load to the carb version and jsanders is doin his atm he has a big post in the multimedia section , seems like he is learning a lot from his experience with the pulsar

jsanders
12th January 2007, 02:19 PM
yep. read my thread. in my sig below.

i'm basically doing all custom work, you can't find much for these things. so far i'm making a set of headers, I have also had the camshaft reground, and get rid of the hitachi carburetor if you have problems with it (guarantee you will, like idle, flooding up while running, and bad gas mileage.), and replace it with a weber 32/36 dgev progressive. if you don't have many miles on it, you should be find for a while. my car had 245,000km on it when the carb crapped out.

how many miles/km on it?

Twiztid Chaos
13th January 2007, 03:49 AM
mileage is at 106,707 atm. it runs great except the lady forgot to tell me that it has a smalllll issue. i filled with gas last night and found out if the cap aint on tight, it wont start because of a full shut-off or something? lol, what a time i had last night .... man.

anyway, thanks for the heads up on your work. i have the $$ to spend and would like to make this thing look and run a little better. mainly i want it to look good and sound nice (stereos/exhaust/small mods)... the basics.

i found a guy on ebay selling a body kit for $650.00 usd, and i may buy it. looks pretty nice. heres the linkage:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/82-83-84-85-86-Nissan-Pulsar-Jetspeed-Body-Kit_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ36475QQihZ006QQitem Z160038213575QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

lemme know if its not the right one for my car as i dont have a clue other than what the guy wrote in the auction.

brian (twizzy)

EDIT: kits 575$ usd, and 175$ shipping: 750$ total

Photoglossy
13th January 2007, 06:31 AM
That is a differebt model. The kit will not fit your car

jsanders
13th January 2007, 02:52 PM
mileage is at 106,707 atm. it runs great except the lady forgot to tell me that it has a smalllll issue. i filled with gas last night and found out if the cap aint on tight, it wont start because of a full shut-off or something? lol, what a time i had last night .... man.

anyway, thanks for the heads up on your work. i have the $$ to spend and would like to make this thing look and run a little better. mainly i want it to look good and sound nice (stereos/exhaust/small mods)... the basics.

i found a guy on ebay selling a body kit for $650.00 usd, and i may buy it. looks pretty nice. heres the linkage:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/82-83-84-85-86-Nissan-Pulsar-Jetspeed-Body-Kit_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ36475QQihZ006QQitem Z160038213575QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

lemme know if its not the right one for my car as i dont have a clue other than what the guy wrote in the auction.

brian (twizzy)

EDIT: kits 575$ usd, and 175$ shipping: 750$ total

yep, thats actually for the n13 pulsar, (1987-1990)

i should have my car running by the end of the month, so i'll let you know how it runs/sounds.

Ben Hewitson
14th January 2007, 07:54 PM
i'm writing a tech article about battery in the boot relocation as we speak. i should have it finished monday night or tuesday morning. will upload it. i've also got stuff like intercooler, brake upgrades, wheels, Wolf3D V500 install etc..etc.. comming soon too. will make a nice addition to the modification section.

MattR
1st April 2007, 04:59 PM
Sorry if this is concidered stealing a post/thread but i cannot make a new one of my own for some stupid reason, it just says I cant.

Anyway, my problem/questions:

I used to have a N12 EXA, heaps of stuff done (T28 on 18psi etc :arghhhhh: ), only had it for a bit, sold it for double I paid so went to a GOOD home :)

Dont have it anymore, my question is about the turbo.

I now have a Charade G11R Series 2 (cateye) turbo and want to upgrade to a T2 turbo, but the one im looking at right now to buy says TD04 on it. Does this mean its not a T2?

The tiny RHB32 is seriously tiny :thumbsdow , but hey, so is the 993cc 3cyl carby SOHC motor.

MattR

Photoglossy
1st April 2007, 05:20 PM
The TD04 is just that.... a TD04.... its a Mitsi turbo.

The T2 would not be a good thing to stick on i dont think.... I would go down the T25 route, they are a newer turbo with water cooling. What manifold/turbo flange does the charade come with? it may not even suit a T2 style turbo...

Kimmo
1st April 2007, 11:39 PM
A T25 on a 1 litre engine? You reckon? Sounds like overkill to me... prolly no boost till 4000.

BTW, it doesn't look like it's gonna be stickied, so I'm gonna bung a link in here.

Interchangeable parts (http://forum.nissanexa.com/showthread.php?t=37931)

Photoglossy
2nd April 2007, 05:38 AM
There was one in NZ performancecar mag. The owner used to have a T3 on it! but now has a T25 making almost 200kw! Probably about the same las as a non BB T28 on the E15 i'd say.

If that Interchangeable parts thread actually gets some good into in it it will be stickied, but at the moment there are enough stickies as it is.

Kimmo
3rd April 2007, 05:54 AM
Well, there's one sticky there with nothing in it...

kooks
13th August 2007, 09:18 PM
Also, out of interest.... does anyone have any spec sheets to fill this in??

Engine
Type: E15T 1.5 Litres
Configuration: 4 cylinders
Cams: Single Overhead
Valves: 8v
Fuel Injection: Electronic
Management:
Displacement: 1488cc Bore / Stroke: 76 x 82mm
Max. Power: 77kW@5600rpm
Max. Torque: 157Nm@3200rpm
Compression Ratio: 7.4:1
Fuel Tank Capacity: 50 litres
Electrical System 12 volts

Transmission
Manual, five forward speeds: one reverse.
Floor-mounted gearshift. 1st X.XXX, 2nd X.XXX, 3rd X.XXX, 4th X.XXX, 5th X.XXX, Reverse X.XXX Final drive X.XXX

Brakes
Front: Ventilated discs Rear: Drums

Steering
Rack and pinion.
Turning circle: X m

Suspension
Front: Independent strut stabilser bar ??
Rear: Parallel link strut ???

Tyres & Wheels
Tyres: XXX/XX RXX Steel Radials
Wheels: XXxX Alloy wheels plus space saver tyre ??

Instrumentation
Speedometer
Tachometer
Fuel Gauge
Temperature Gauge
Warning Light System

Dimensions and Weight
Overall Length : XXXXmm
Overall Width : XXXXmm
Overall Height : XXXXmm
Wheelbase : XXXXmm
Front Track : XXXXmm
Rear Track : XXXXmm
Kerb Weight : XXXXkg

If anyone could fill in the X's, and fill me in on the ??'s, that'd be great! ;)

n12 pulsar

h29
26th May 2008, 03:02 PM
hello...

i need tips and info on replacing the water pump on a 1983 N12 Exa Turbo.
anyone has the manual for this?
found a water pump with part number WP888, is this the right one?

also, the radiator fans are not working too?
help please~

thanks!

h29
29th May 2008, 10:34 AM
hello~

can someone help me with the manual?

thanks!

brodeyledwell
29th May 2008, 01:27 PM
Go to n12turbo.com and download the manaul, VERY helpful

10WXA
29th May 2008, 02:11 PM
hi quick question, is there an interchangable upgrade "Bigger" alternator for the e15et? for example will a vl alternator fit/work? if it is any bigger.
anyone?
cheers
natt

h29
2nd June 2008, 02:48 PM
can i put a catalytic converter on the N12? then, run it with ULP?
what would this do to the engine or power?

ETKING
3rd June 2008, 03:24 PM
dont need a cat ... and run it on PULP ... whatever the year it is

Android 360
4th June 2008, 07:00 AM
put a high flow cat that matches your exhaust size.
a high flow cat will have little to no restriction and it improves your emissions.

on cars that come with them from the factory you can face a fine of up to $10,000 for removing them.

they arent expensive, dont affect performance and are a good thing to have.

any exhaust shop should be able to fit a top spec one for about $250
DONT buy one off ebay

with a cat you should still run it on premium, the cat reduces harmful emmissions, it doesnt change anything in the engine.

h29
4th June 2008, 11:40 AM
put a high flow cat that matches your exhaust size.
a high flow cat will have little to no restriction and it improves your emissions.

on cars that come with them from the factory you can face a fine of up to $10,000 for removing them.

they arent expensive, dont affect performance and are a good thing to have.

any exhaust shop should be able to fit a top spec one for about $250
DONT buy one off ebay

with a cat you should still run it on premium, the cat reduces harmful emmissions, it doesnt change anything in the engine.

Can you or someone recommend a shop in Melbourne?
Got a quote for the rear muffler for $268 from Mr Muffler.

10WXA
4th June 2008, 05:37 PM
if you have right price exhausts down there they are pretty decent in price.
cheers
natt

joe_da_hoe
4th June 2008, 06:41 PM
268 is a bit steep for an n12 exhaust... all you need is 2.5inch pipe and a decent resinator.

h29
5th June 2008, 04:07 PM
268 is a bit steep for an n12 exhaust... all you need is 2.5inch pipe and a decent resinator.

what do you mean? make my own?
would love to try that...
what do i need to start?

joe_da_hoe
5th June 2008, 05:22 PM
pipe bender and a mig welder... and the steel tube and resi ;)

stevume
5th November 2008, 06:35 PM
Hi, Just wondering if anyone has these manuals online somwhere. the link in not working for this.. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!

Alright some n12 tech info, right out of the NISSAN PULSAR NX Model N12 Series manual produced in 1985 for the 86 model year.

I had to redo quite a few scans because it scanned at 200dpi, and not at 600dpi. 600dpi makes the pics look nicer!

So here we go. Should i make a new thread when i get more info posted and finished?

GENERAL INFORMATION (http://web.rulex.net/smextreme/GENERAL INFORMATION.pdf) (636KB pdf)

MAINTENANCE

ENGINE MECHANICAL

ENGINE LUBRICATION & COOLING SYSTEMS

ENGINE FUEL & EMISSION CONTROL SYSTEM

ENGINE REMOVAL & INSTALLATION

ENGINE CONTROL, FUEL & EXHAUST SYSTEMS

CLUTCH

MANUAL TRANSAXLE

AUTOMATIC TRANSAXLE

FRONT AXLE & FRONT SUSPENSION

REAR AXLE & REAR SUSPENSION

BRAKE SYSTEM

STEERING SYSTEM

BODY

HEATER & AIR CONDITIONER

ELECTRICAL SYSTEM

schwitzer turbo
1st December 2008, 07:09 AM
Here we go

I think its alot too but apparently it works....
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk281/Streetracing2008/exapitrod.jpg My piston and rod :P

So thats what i did so far the pistons have held 1.6 bar boost. Im using the Nissan e15t pistons in my case (minus 2.5m off the top) but i read a interesting fact today. That the Nissan e16 motor uses a 2mm longer conrod so the e16 piston is 2mm shorter than that of the e15t and the parts are fully interchangeable... So Logically the e16 piston would have MORE on the top there for be stronger. So i got a copy of the Piston Manual. and these are the specification, but i cant make sense if it will work or not. Please assist.

I see there are x2 sets of e16 pistons, the one already has the valve seats cut for the 8 valve so that wouldn't work for me but could the 2nd(e16e) work? (that must be the one they referring too)

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk281/Streetracing2008/Pistons.jpg

juztin
7th March 2009, 08:14 PM
:d

Photoglossy
31st October 2009, 11:58 AM
ARP Head Studs

(am4.500-1ub-4.500 long) only need one

(am4.125-1lb-4.125long) only need five

(am3.350-1lb-3.350) only need four

these are just the stud part numbers u need to order nuts and washers too ok and il post up the ARP REPS NAME AND EMAIL i went through in a minute 2 il email him and let him know more people will want head studs fuck headbolts there shit studs are the go.

jsanders
8th November 2009, 06:51 AM
Hi, Just wondering if anyone has these manuals online somwhere. the link in not working for this.. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!

I never got around to finishing it. Transmission died in my car last year and I haven't found another one yet.

If you need something PM me and I can take a look in the manual.

boostinhard
18th April 2010, 09:41 PM
Max power is a bit open ended Warren :) once I am finished putting a direct port nitrous setup in my Porsche, I am planning a big n12 build. I'm hoping 250kw could be nudged... Strip use only, but still a 1.5 e15et motor...

Sam