PDA

View Full Version : EXA / NX related petrol prices WTF

jessV3
27th February 2003, 12:05 AM
hey guys ... the other day i put $30 of petty in my car (At 99.9 a ltr) and i only got 233kms out of it ... is that shit or whaT! ..... is there any one else who is getting really bad mileage ... i dont no if its my car or if its friggin iraq .. :mad:

iceman
27th February 2003, 12:49 AM
It's not your car... seems fuel quality all over the place is going down, plus it's expensive as shit. The cheapest I've seen fuel for in the last two weeks has been $1.72USD/gallon, and that's for regular 87octane :barfer: The only reason it's expensive is because the oil companies are creating a supply and demand scam utilizing Iraq as the reason for it. That's my point of view anyway...

-Ice

DEVILsEXA
27th February 2003, 12:50 AM
was it at your usual station???

I get roughly 250-300 outa $30 but it costs us 114.9/Litre (and going UP)

Akil
27th February 2003, 12:19 PM
Last time I filed up with PB Ultimate it was 107/ltr au.

FLANO
27th February 2003, 12:27 PM
i get about 35L for approx 330kms... petrol is fkn expensive, like im cheerin to fill up for less than $1/L with mobil synergy or BP ultimate

Nugget
27th February 2003, 12:27 PM
I filled up yesterday for 79.9c ltr for reg unleaded

turbo18exa
4th March 2003, 11:45 PM
im sick of payin 1.15 cause the fuel is shit at the moment
i can tell cause when its shit the car pings and when its good its sweet as it reall shits me i may as well be putting regular in me car cause the premium at the moment is crap (SHELL OPTIMAX)

I SAY BOMB THE CRAP OUT OF IRAQ AND LETS GET SOME LOWER FUEL PRICES

Big George
5th March 2003, 08:47 AM
Yesterday I went to the local Ampol to fill up my truck on LP Gas.
The truck has 2x 60 litre tanks.
LP gas fuel pumps are supposed to cut off at 80% of capacity. This by my estimate is 96 litres...

I was filling her up, and the pump is ticking away.... Gets to 120lt and keeps going, so I have a little fun and keep going ang going.

It went to 146 litres of gas before I called it quits and had a word with the servo staff. Apparantly they know nothing about the pumps. Their only defence was:
1. Dept of Fair trading calibrated the pump "yesterday"
2. My truck is old and the gas system might be stuffed.
3. "Pay for it or we'll call the cops."

Now how can you not be suspicious when you can pump in 146 litres into a 120 litre tank?

Anyone have an explanation for that one?

Are the fuel companies screwing us over or what?

NIP007
5th March 2003, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Big George
Now how can you not be suspicious when you can pump in 146 litres into a 120 litre tank?

Shoulda waited for the cops to arrive... hehe. Sounds pretty dodgey. There could be a logical explanation for it though.

BENRYS
5th March 2003, 01:58 PM
i got it the other day for fucking 115.9 a lt...

that was mob 8000.... i was shitty as

fuck man, i got like 430 outa the tank so i wasn't to pissed, but the price made me kill the muther fucker

bogan
6th March 2003, 08:29 AM
man use guys have shit dear petrol.. in brissie we still see it at 82.6 etc etc ... it rearly goes above 100c for LRP (lead replacemtn petrol) i guess up here we are luck we still got it cheap compared to u guys.... the average here is 86.8-88.9c/l

jessV3
6th March 2003, 10:36 AM
at the moment petrol prices in newcastle are 107.9

they go down to as low as 98 then back up to 110 ...

its pissing me off ,shit fuel and shit fuel prices :madfinger

Android 360
24th May 2004, 06:01 PM
atm im paying almost NZD1.30 for 98 octane..

24th May 2004, 06:05 PM
i filled up on friday night for $1.15cent per litre for premium.. and it was only 3 cents cheaper than the day b4.

exa80y
24th May 2004, 06:09 PM
yeah qld has on average 10c per litre cheaper than the rest of australia.....stupid thing is the government gets 38% ( fuel tax) of the money then gets 10% gst on it as well...

boy am i glad i drove to huskisson today so work is paying for the next tank.

exagrandprix104
24th May 2004, 06:14 PM
I win, i had to pay 117.9 yesterday when i was on empty... damn adelaide, i think we have the dearest fuel in the western world. i still remember the days, not to long ago... ahhh the mid ninties... bad clothes cars, fast women... rising feminism and 60cent petrol... those were the days!

ExaBaybee
24th May 2004, 06:27 PM
all i can say is thank god we aint running mikes car...
2 fills a week = shitloads of money...

Lonx
24th May 2004, 06:50 PM
I filled up with BP Ultimate around 2 weeks ago for 118cents/L... wasn't to impressed either, but oh well, its just fuel. I've been paying around 106-115cents for the past month I think.

My car used to get a dodgy 9-10km/L when my plugs were old, and O2 sensor was cactus. All fixed now & back to the usual 12-13km/L - which works out to 430km for 35L when I usually fill back up.

Exaltd
24th May 2004, 07:57 PM
dont mean to be a prick........but im going to have to be one..........

it really ticks me off when someone whinges about the price ( not the milege)
so what if its an extra 5 cents a litre.........or more......how much money are you actually loosing????a few bucks.....

i know some people are on a tight budget but if it means u have to give up that extra treat in life to get your car going then ditch it.........one of the guys at work buys his lunch everyday and spends close to 50 bucks a week just on food.......how hard it is to get a loaf of bread and some diffrent toppings...........

in ehans theory,,,,,,,, stop your bitching and just pay the freaking money

ehan

jessV3
24th May 2004, 08:02 PM
where did u guys find this thread .... ffuk i dont even remeber posting it ... that was back in the day when i was runnin non turbo and gettin ok mileage ... now .. id rather not talk about it, but i fill up the tank up twice a week . ... and ehan u can keep ur fairy floss cause i choose to whine ..llike the schoool girl i am!.

exagrandprix104
24th May 2004, 08:03 PM
yeah, i do the lunch too, reckon i easily tip 100 bucks a fortnight on lunch, and petrol prices dont worry my wallet, i just dont see why i should be paying 30cents a litre more for petrol than i was a year ago... thats not inline with inflation or anything, and think about it... when shell and mobil decide to lift prices, its collusion (illegal) but OPEC does it every day and it just how we live with it.
Most people will blame the government excise, but we cant ditch that, if the govt loses that billion or so tax dollars a year do u think they will take it outta their travel allowances... no, we will lose education and healthcare...
Australia needs to stop exporting all its oil and buying crap from the arabs, that way we can enjoy the cheap prices we deserve and still keep our beds and desks.

85turbo
24th May 2004, 09:30 PM
ive been paying $1.09 for premium ULP here in sydney. (my crappy honda wont run properly on standard)

i wish we had the same fuel prices as those of you in the us ! (aprox $0.54c AU litre !)

jason

EXTICY
25th May 2004, 03:42 PM
Petrol sucks,
I heard that petrol was goin higher soon.

DEVILsEXA
25th May 2004, 05:03 PM
FUCK ME... what are you guyz complaining about??? You got it cheap as fuck!

I pay 88p for a litre of 98ish ron. Thats $2.024/litre!!!!!!

They have alot of deisle cars ova here too and they pay more than that!!!

Plod
25th May 2004, 05:26 PM
Mwhahahahah................... LONG LIVE THE MINI!

Cost me 15 to fill it and it will last me two weeks..which means i can still afford :guiness:

dipe
25th May 2004, 07:02 PM
this is the 2nd thread that done this, the lat one was a front and rear bumpers for $50 each. Now that got the posts flowing again on that thread!

oh yeah, i got 580km from 40litres in my corolla last week :)

craigo
26th May 2004, 12:53 AM
ah loving it it cost me a whole $4 to fill up my scooter from empty with premium in adelaide. beat that. :redfinger

Lonx
28th May 2004, 04:44 PM
I win (in australia)... 120.9 in bathurst the other day. I love fuel prices... lol

GPexa
28th May 2004, 06:01 PM
I paid 118cents/litre on friday for 98 RON and it was the worst quality fuel as well grrrrr....

Look at this website here.... Life After The Oil Crash (http://www.lifeaftertheoilcrash.net/)
as the site suggested, do a search on google for peak oil - here is the results (http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=%22peak+oil%22)

Very Scary... I wish the US would stop being so arrogant about it's fuel usage... people need to be educated about fuel usage, as we're going to be going through some extremely tough times in the coming 20 years....

Enyoy your EXAs while you can, people...