REMOVE ADS
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: VL Throttle body fitment. step by step

VL Throttle body fitment. step by step

HERE

Just thought might add that Most nissan throttle bodys fit the e15et,, visa versa.............

Can use ca18de, ca18det,, rb 20,25 de, det... etc........
    Last edited by mattybaby; 8th February 2006 at 10:57 PM.
    **CA18DET install from s13** T28bb Turbo, 3inch Mandrel exhaust JunBl Muffler, FMIC, custom piping, HksSSQ, Re-Map ecu, 183kw at wheels@16psi, 1/4 mile 13.1 @ 119mph, Dual stage Electronic Boost controller
    Extreem HD clutch, Hd King springs lwrd 1-2inch, gabriel shocks, front strut brace, 17inch Chromies.., Re-sprayed Interior Yellow?
    2 Lcd screens, Sony DVD/mp3, custom dash mount, 2 x Alpine type-R subs , 2 x Jaycar amps 1000wrms,Soundstream taran 6.5inch splits.

A whole AlbumHERE

Ahhhh booost thats better BOOSTIN is someone we respect BOOSTIN's Avatar

have you done it and does it really make that much of a difference?
    Last edited by BOOSTIN; 31st March 2005 at 02:06 PM.
    N12 ex- Pro spool exa ( driven occasionaly )
    N14 SSS japspec SSS pulsar charcoal (daily)

done it! But havent driven with it yet! car not ready
    **CA18DET install from s13** T28bb Turbo, 3inch Mandrel exhaust JunBl Muffler, FMIC, custom piping, HksSSQ, Re-Map ecu, 183kw at wheels@16psi, 1/4 mile 13.1 @ 119mph, Dual stage Electronic Boost controller
    Extreem HD clutch, Hd King springs lwrd 1-2inch, gabriel shocks, front strut brace, 17inch Chromies.., Re-sprayed Interior Yellow?
    2 Lcd screens, Sony DVD/mp3, custom dash mount, 2 x Alpine type-R subs , 2 x Jaycar amps 1000wrms,Soundstream taran 6.5inch splits.

A whole AlbumHERE

i will be doing it soon and will post if i notice any difference.

cheers............... More to come as my contribution has just begun!

A whole AlbumHERE

there is f$%k all gain, the only difference is you will get what used to be full throttle when you have your foot half down due to the larger amount of air that can flow.

you wont feel the benefit till you start doing alot of mods, and running 15+psi..... but for $30 who would compain.
    BOV, Lowered, 3" zorst, pod, Jetspeed "edge" bodykit, blitz fmic, stainless exhaust manafold, bosch 040 pump, exedy hd clutch, profec b spec II ebc, Apexi Power Fc and commander, 19" chrome hp design rims, gt2871r, 740cc injectors, z32afm, hks cams and rocker stoppers.
    251rwKw @ 18psi on a dynodynamics roller. Trust me, 170fwhp is nothing compared to 335rwhp! but i still miss my exa!

mine for free!.. Cheers u-pull it.in the botton of my tool box... eeek!

A whole AlbumHERE

You had better watch out they might just bring out the rubber gloves next time you go to the pay desk. Although i did get 2 for the price of one aircon fan relay's. rang nissan and they wanted 85 bucks ea. i got 2 for 3 bucks from u steal it.

Platinum Member n12e15et_83 has disabled reputation n12e15et_83's Avatar

can you use the e15 tps on the vl tb i got 1 from upullit but it doesnt have tps

yes u can............ just adjust it when u put it on..

A whole AlbumHERE

eXa InSaNe goiteS_Silvexa is someone we respect

how big is the vl Throttle body

Banned Pulsar_ET-R is someone we respect Pulsar_ET-R's Avatar

65mm from memory stock E15et is 45 or 40 something tiny like that

34mm for E15 & 54mm for VL.

Just a thought folks, we always say VL - well don't forget the good OLD skylines running the same 3.0L engine - then we can even say the part came from a Nissan rather than a Holden (even though it's still a nissan engine)
    Ross
    aka Great Arctic Wolf
    greatarcticwolf@hotmail.com

eXa InSaNe goiteS_Silvexa is someone we respect

xf Throttle body is 68mm isnt it??

I'm pretty sure it's 34mm for E15, 54mm for VL and XF is like 60 or 80 or something but yeah it's huge - but apparently too big for E15 without serious modification
    Ross
    aka Great Arctic Wolf
    greatarcticwolf@hotmail.com

More midrange with the VL throttle body. also easier to adapt larger cooler piping

A whole AlbumHERE

waiting for rx parts.. SevPP has disabled reputation SevPP's Avatar

Matty you might want to mention that your running a jap spec manifold. When I was looking at the pics I thought wtf! Not that it matters but some people may be thrown off. I had to do a double take!
    s1 RX7 13b pp.
    '83 Exa- daily driver

“There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.”- Hemingway

When you're racing, you're living, everything else is just waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by SevPP
    Matty you might want to mention that your running a jap spec manifold. When I was looking at the pics I thought wtf! Not that it matters but some people may be thrown off. I had to do a double take!
    No im not........ i will be when it arrives..

A whole AlbumHERE

waiting for rx parts.. SevPP has disabled reputation SevPP's Avatar

What is the top part of your manifold off?- the bit that the tb bolts to. I've only ever seen the over rocker cover ones. The side mount tb would make things much nicer!

EDIT-just realised its not mattys!
    Last edited by SevPP; 12th September 2005 at 01:39 PM.
    s1 RX7 13b pp.
    '83 Exa- daily driver

“There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.”- Hemingway

When you're racing, you're living, everything else is just waiting.

+ Reply to Thread