REMOVE ADS
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Clear indicators on the NX ...

. Blood has much to be proud of Blood has much to be proud of Blood's Avatar

Clear indicators on the NX ...

For anyones usage... here is the Clear indicators on the NX.. they are off a VX Commodore.

Installing Clear Side Indicators Procedure:

1. Buy / Borrow a set of Clear indicators (both sides) - Below I have used ones from a VX Holden.
    2. Make sure you also buy the Bulb holder, Orange Bulb & a wire harness to go with it (All up incl lense = $45 from Holden [new] )
    3. Insert a screw driver, under your existing (orange) indicator on your gaurd. Be careful not to scratch the paint. Lever off the (orange) indicator so it comes off the gaurd. You will then see that it just pops out.
    4. Undo the existing Bulb Holder and cut off, leaving as much electrical wire still attached to the car-side as possible. (where wire meets holder)
    5. Strip back a little bit on the ends of the wires (including the Holden Harness) Join the holden harness to the NX harness(attached to car). It doesnt matter about which one is + or -.
    6. (Using a Soldering iron is prefer for this step)(You may skip this step if you dont want to use a soldering iron) Coat the joined wires with solder to allow them to be secured.
    7. Use Electrical tape / Insulation tape on the joined (soldered) wires to allow protection.
    8. Place (orange) Bulb in (holden)bulb-holder and connect to clear lense
    9. Press your Hazzard switch (or use the indicator) to test that its working correctly.
    10. Using a Silicone gun/compound, squirt a desired amount of silicone to the rear of the Clear lense and place it over where the original (orange) lense was - Doing this properly, you will be able to cover up the hole in the gaurd where the original lense was.
    11. Hold new indicator in place for a few minutes so that it is secured enough to be held by the silicone. (note: Silicone will take about 1 hour to fully dry, Depending on manufacturer)
    12. Repeat for 2nd side of the car. (I advise not to drive the car until 30-45mins after fully finished)

These steps have been provided as a guide to changing the lense
    I myself, nor the Nissan Exa/NX Club will not be held accountable for any damage.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Blood; 2nd May 2005 at 03:31 PM.

Club Member snigglet20 has disabled reputation snigglet20's Avatar

good job blood. it looks fucking wicked. seeing as you have recently put them on, can you plese type up a fine step by step guide on "Exactly" how to change them over?
    NX Coupe Power!

Boostala Girl NX-TACY has disabled reputation NX-TACY's Avatar

My NX-R must be different to yours all i had to do was pop out the old ones, shave a bit of plastic of the new ones and slot them in...took bout 5 mins for both sides altho i used VT indicators not sure if they are different to VX ones
    NO HOMERS CLUB
    _________

The clear indicators are a nice touch man, I like

'94 Nissan NX Coupe
    MECHANICAL MODS: Modified Airbox & Sports filter, advanced timing, short shift.
    EXTERIOR MODS: 15" mags, nxcoupe.com stickers, colour coded trim.
    INTERIOR MODS: Blue dashlights, Trust Steel gearknob, Monza Blueleather gearboot, blue seat coverings.
    STEREO: Kenwood CD/mp3 HU, 4" 180W BOSS centres, Pioneer 16cm 3way fronts, Kenwood 5" Dualcone rears, 10" Kicker sub driven by BOSS 400w Amp.
    SUSPENSION: Front strut brace.

More when I got coin...

thats all i did aswell NX-TACY
    SMC KUSTOMS PAINT AND PANEL - from a basic touchup to full custom candies we do it all - PH 041 700 2376 for a quote!

EXA/NX Maniac jpower has disabled reputation jpower's Avatar

did this today except i didnt cut off the old harness, i shaved a bit of the wire and soldered the new one to that then taped it up.
    I tried to fasten the lenses on by double sided tape but they keep falling off so silicone its gonna be. I have clear bulbs in at the moment but getting blue ones soon.

By the way u dont need to use a screw driver to get the old ones off, u push them to one side then pull them out.
    Will have pics 2moro, they look awesome
    [NX-8055] - The Nx Boss !

1 SIK PIE VAN... PIE 314 SXCNXR is someone we respect SXCNXR's Avatar

i no its a bit late but i got a mate at a holden dealer in wagga n i can get the indicators for about $80 - $85 for both sides that includes lense, orange bulb, bulb holder and wires.

n like u said all u do is pull the indicator towards the rear of the car n it will pull out of the guard. talkin to my mate the side indicators are exactly the same from VT to VY11 apparently so if any1 want some indicators a bit cheaper let me no n i ll order some n ill post them to u

Quote Originally Posted by SXCNXR
    i got a mate at a holden dealer in wagga n i can get the indicators for about $80 - $85 for both sides that includes lense, orange bulb, bulb holder and wires.
    Note point number 2. cost $45 from holden. (was total for both sides)
    2x lenses, 2x bulbs, 2x holders

serious? mine has the wires as well which holden dealer?

any....
    i went to the one at ascot, near hte valley ( i think it was newmarket)
    they should be the same price at all dealers...

Quote Originally Posted by jpower
    I have clear bulbs in at the moment but getting blue ones soon.
    blue indicators? thats kinda dumb not to mention illegal...

illused/Kent
    2 1/4" catback w/ twin 3" tips
    monroe gt gas struts
    lowered on kings and nolathane bushes
    ass kickin stezza, JVC head deck, rest all cadence
    fluffy orange randomness in cabin
    air con removed / electric water pump
    100w driving lights
    funky electrical mods

hey blood if i sent u up some dosh ne chance u could get me some??
    id send up a post bag to send them back in..

yeah.. absolutely.. i go past one everyday... PM me.. and ill send u my addy & number

Nx sr20det rusty is someone we respect rusty's Avatar

got mine today too as well as big stainless muffler
    ---EXA Australia 2004 Attender ---

Not so Newbie Ash has disabled reputation

You could also try your local auto wreckers

Not so Newbie lil_lay has disabled reputation

or u can jus rench a vt.....fkin hate holdens anyway

TeamSERIOUS-NYC

91-NX2000
    97-Maxima

local s13 driver krikket_nx has a brilliant future krikket_nx has a brilliant future krikket_nx has a brilliant future krikket_nx has a brilliant future krikket_nx's Avatar

bought clear vt indicators friday... no wires grrr. have to buy some. will be in by the weekend! yay

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways- Jack Daniels in one hand- shot of Vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO! ...what a ride!!"

Quote Originally Posted by SIK__M8 View Post
    i love the cock

hehe im lucky my nx came with clear indicators woot!

There is a deal for clear front indicators and colored ones on the SR20 forum going on now.
    http://www.sr20forum.com/showthread.php?t=194308
    TeamSERIOUS-NYC

91-NX2000
    97-Maxima

+ Reply to Thread