REMOVE ADS
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: N13 Mods & General Modification Prices.

[E][X][A][Q][T][A] DEVILsEXA is known as a rock round here DEVILsEXA's Avatar

N13 Mods & General Modification Prices.

Hey guys...

I thought i'd start a thread where i can list all the common mods for our cars and a guide to the prices with part numbers if possible!

Either PM me or reply here with something and if i beleive it's usefull and correct i'll delete the post and add it to the list!

Cheers,
    Craig.

The first one would have to be lowering your beast.

Monroe GT Gas struts (don't get the sensa-tracks as they are no good for lowering).
    I'll get the part numbers later... basically they should be arround $125 a corner.

King Springs, replacement lowering springs. Lows for the fronts and Superlows for the rear.
    Part numbers later... this will be $105-115 a pair.

I'll upload a pic of ride height tonight.

The car scrapes the exhaust on big speed humps but other than that it's perfect. Improved the handling ten fold.

The Digital Samurai HiToRiKo is well respected HiToRiKo's Avatar

CA18DET conversion.... improves your wallet and purchases speed!

LMAO
    . h i t o r i k o .
    Previous Cars: N12 Sedan | N12 Turbo | VK Commo | N12 Turbo | N12 Turbo | N13 Pulsar | N13 Exa | RX7 S1 | AE86 | Sil80 | EG Civic | CRX | CRX | CRX | Kia Koup
    WTB: N12 Turbo Pm Me if you ahve one in VIC for sale

POD filter, $50. Requires a pod (obviously) and an adapter from most car part stores to suit. Easy to do, guide in the N13 tech section.

Intercooler, $200, intercooler piping and parts, $250 from ebay (universal kit). Bit more effort, but gets you intercooled. Make sure the kit has enough bends/joins/clamps/etc and the right size pipe. I think 2 1/4 " off the turbo, usually 2.5" for the intercooler and not sure on the intake size. Check mattybabys thread he made for a howto and proper sizes.

CA18DET (full rebuild plus fitting/engine/ecu/etc) $5000+ if you pay someone to do it all for you, cheaper if your mechanic minded or got good friends. It is cheaper to just get an import engine with low kms and chance it's ok. prob about $3000+ ish all up. But nothing is as good as a freshly rebuilt engine with 0km on it, plus it's safer if you drive like a hoon.

Strut brace ($100 from craig(devilexa)?) easy to fit, 3 bolts either side. Don't do much but looks good. =)
    Black 2005 STI WRX (still very stock)
    Performance Mods:.
    3.5" turbo back exhaust

Short shifter also from Craig, awesome investment if some wanker who owned the car before you just cut down the shifter because he was a tool and didn't know about cars... lol

but does actually make a massive difference in shifting times, makes the car more 'manual' go kart like. (ask craig for price. I don't know what the new ones go for)
    No two people are not on fire

----------end of line----------

owner of the beast mark00001 is well respected mark00001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oliverfehr
    Strut brace ($100 from craig(devilexa)?) easy to fit, 3 bolts either side. Don't do much but looks good. =)
    WAH!!?.. pretty much kills body roll man!....

CA18DET, ACL pistons, Rev rods, tomei 1.5mm HG, tomei 260 cams, GT2871R, water to air cooler, 700cc Sard inj, sard fuel pressure reg, Greddy emanage ultimate, screamer, tomei adj cam gears, tomei valve springs, arp head studs, jun titanium valve retainers

ninja 250r new toy

Club Member TRaNCe is someone we respect

so true makes the car feel like its on tracks expecially if its on a car that hasnt been lowered pwoa such a difference!!

a must have for ppl that dont want to lower there car!

Banned cypress_blaze is a splendid one to behold cypress_blaze is a splendid one to behold cypress_blaze's Avatar

Do you guys have seafom over there?

www.seafoamsales.com we use it over here in canada. It costs like 9 bucks a bottle, but boy, does it ever work. (havent actually tried it on my pulsar yet, but it kicked the shit out of a sentra motor, the thing runs so smooth, and hesitation/niose are almost non-existent now!

another product (same thing basuically, but seafom is better), is called GM CLEENS. GM for General Motors (they make chev and chrysler, etc, dont know if you guys have GM down in australia yet or not).

works by pouring some fluid into a vacuum line that would feed all 4 cylinders. pour it in with car running (it will try to stall), then let sit with car off for 5 mins. retart car in well ventilated area, (as it smokes like a fire) and go fog the hell out of the neighbourhood. by the time you get back, your car will idle smoother, have no hesitation, and best of all, no noisy lifters!

Fix It Again Tony Mill3t is someone we respect Mill3t's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mark00001
    WAH!!?.. pretty much kills body roll man!....

Body flex.

You can get an aftermarket steering wheel for around 200-300 including the boss kit if you shop around
    '01 Kawasaki Ninja ZX12R
    '08 Suzuki GS500F
    '93 Honda CBR600F
    '05 Suzuki DR650SE

'95 EF Falcon

Yo Mama's A Custom Title! Frosty has a brilliant future Frosty has a brilliant future Frosty has a brilliant future Frosty's Avatar

Cypress, GM owns Holden over here.. so yeah.. we know who they are.. he he.. go the Bogondore..

Will have to have a look for that seafoam stuff.. not sure if it's over here..

I always wondered what strut braces do.. just read up on it on wikipedia.. what material is the one that Craig sells made of?

Flamin HOT Exa! exactly...doh is a splendid one to behold exactly...doh is a splendid one to behold exactly...doh's Avatar

G4 coilovers $1429 delivered + fitting $250-$350 + spacers $25 (if you have 205 tyres or wider).

These aren't Modifications but they are prices of replacement parts i looked for today at the spare parts shop...

Crank angle sensor- complete unit. $350.

Water temp sensor- $43.50
    Garry

brap brap brap StaTiK has a brilliant future StaTiK has a brilliant future StaTiK has a brilliant future StaTiK has a brilliant future StaTiK's Avatar

somthing off the top of my head, the King Spring part numbers.

isnt it KD50SL for superlows, and KD50L for lows?

im still a taad hesitant at getting new springs until i get a kit.
    Last edited by StaTiK; 25th November 2006 at 10:57 PM.
    1988 Nissan Pathfinder in the build - FJ20ET 4x4 rig coming soon
    "Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
    Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."

brap brap brap StaTiK has a brilliant future StaTiK has a brilliant future StaTiK has a brilliant future StaTiK has a brilliant future StaTiK's Avatar

I'll start putting some DIY articles up that i can think of and be bothered to type up. I hope they can help someone out one day. ill keep updating this post.

Statik.

HOW TO DO THE LAZY EYE CONVERSION
    HOW TO TINT YOUR LIGHTS

for the ricers:

Statik's Lazy/Sleepy eye mod:

remove the headlight switch, and behind the button that you press to make your lights go up/down without turning on the lights (wash mode), there is a thick blue wire with a red stripe. cut it, and in the middle of the cut wire, you attach a switch. you will want to extend the wire you just cut with more wire, so you can mount the switch somewhere else.

What the switch does is cut off power to the headlight motors when you put them up/down. i find using a toggle switch is the easiest to use to stop the headlights.

To give the lights the 'sleepy eyes' look, all you need to do is have the switch set to ON and press the wash mode button to allow your headlights to go up. put the switch to the OFF position when they get to the top, and press your wash mode button, so the headlights would normally go down. They wont go down, because theres no power going to the motors. flick the toggle switch quickly, and the lights will slowly go down. try and stop it in the desired position, and there you go. sleepy/lazy eye conversion!

COST:
    $3 - toggle switch
    $5 - roll of wire

the outcome should be somthing like this:

simple.

Statik's guide to Tinting Taillights:
    This is such an easy 'mod' to do that makes such a difference to the look of the car. It takes a fair amount of time, but it is worth it IMO.

What you need:
    can of 'Nite Shades' - available from supercheap, auto one, repco, etc
    roll of masking tape
    stanley blade
    dropsheets/newspaper
    solvent degreaser
    cloth
    paddlepop stick or similar

1) Start off by cleaning the taillights. both the lenses and between the lenses. clean them with a wet cloth to start off with, then clean them with some solvent degreaser. make sure there is no dirt/dust left on them. dry the taillights thoroughly.

2) Run lines of masking tape over the entire taillight, making sure there isnt any of the lense or housing uncovered. It should look somthing like this:

3) with the paddlepop stick, push the masking tape down & run it all around the lenses making sure the masking tape is stuck to the colored part of the taillight.

4) Next, get a stanley knife or a sharp blade, and cut around the edge of the lense. you can run the knife along the corner of the raised bit of the lense to get in there nicely. make sure you cut the tape all the way through. Be extremely careful when doing this, as if you fuck up, you need to do the entire thing again most likely, otherwise you will end up with paint where you dont want it. When you have cut around each lense slit of the taillights, peel the masking tape off the LENSE ONLY.

5) Get your drop sheets/newspaper, and cover up any exposed area of your car around the taillights. you dont want to end up with the Nite Shades all over your bodywork. I didnt manage to upload my photos of this stage, so ill use one of Ty's photos, which im sure he wont mind me doing:
    http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...e/000_1080.jpg

6) now it is time for your can of Nite Shades to come out! evenly spray light coats over your taillights, and allow to dry. i only left about 10 mins between coats, but more is recommended. Keep applying until you achieve the desired darkness. i only did about 4 coats. I would of prefered more like 6, just for that extra dark effect. i will be re-doing the tinting soon and making them darker.
    http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...e/000_1081.jpg

7) Remove the dropsheets/newspaper and what is left of your masking tape. if you did it correctly, you will come away with having a beautifully tinted taillight. Make sure the Nite Shades has dried before removing the tape.
    Repeat for the other taillight.
    - left taillight tinted here
    - both taillights tinted

This is a really easy and cheap way to make your car look alot better. The Nite Shades still allows all normal light to shine through, but you may get a defect notice by the bastards in blue... Hope this will of been able to help someone.

PRICE: (rough)
    can of 'Nite Shades': $22
    roll of masking tape: $2
    stanley blade: $1
    dropsheets/newspaper: should own
    solvent degreaser: $12 for a large bottle
    cloth : should own
    paddlepop stick or similar : can use a pencil, ruler, etc.

TOTAL:
    $37

Roughly $30 to tint the taillights. there is enough tint in the can to do your front indicators and parkers, as shown:

WILL ADD MORE DIY STYLE MODS TOMORROW, AND MORE INFO TO THESE 2 ARTICLES

written by StaTiK, and thanks to Ty for the pics of his exa
    Last edited by StaTiK; 25th November 2006 at 11:00 PM.
    "Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
    Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Misses his Red beauty Deano81 is someone we respect Deano81's Avatar

Hot Shot performance header for ga16de
    $457.00 US Dollars
    Will fit on ga16i with some minor mods to 16i head *Edit* (port matching)
    Hot Shot Header

Last edited by Deano81; 1st December 2006 at 11:23 AM.

Medium, but not average guess_whos_who has disabled reputation guess_whos_who's Avatar

bosch 040 intank fuel pump. $250 from nissansilvia.com

ecu chip with real time dyno time - $300 - $350

ca18det adjustable cam gears - $250ish

ca16de cams - $150ish

GTiR front calipers and rotors - $450
    AD22VF rebuild kit -$53

N13 rear discs - $350ish
    rebuild kit - $40

1988 Nissan Exa - Faster than yours
    S13 CA18DET, Remap, Adjustable cam gears, CA16DE cams, FMIC, HKS EVCIII,
    GTiR Front Brakes - EBC green stuff, N13 Pulsar Rear Discs

Regular Xa0s is someone we respect Xa0s's Avatar

my cars sr20det nissan exa 1988, how much for intercooler for it including piping ?
    Nissan Exa 1988
    Engine / Specs
    SR20DET

http://forum.nissanexa.com/showthread.php?t=41535

selling car, $4500, negotiable, pls read. Brisbane.

- sold sorry / thanks

Hey dude, nice one on getting an SR'd EXA... there's one in Perth too but not on the club .

Intercoolers can be had for arround $250-350 mark upwards. And the piping will have to be custom made!

I'll get round to updating this thread one day soon. haha.

I called up X-Racing earlier. here are a couple of prices for you!

Short Shifter:
    $70

Strut brace:
    $100

contact www.xracing.com.au for the product.

Ca18de comp re-tuning available at Dr Drift in melb, no need to change ecus. He can re-program factory ecu's, much easier than this whole re-pinning thing

Check out www.drdrift.com.au
    Last edited by herCa18det; 12th January 2007 at 06:01 PM.

+ Reply to Thread