REMOVE ADS
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Door Seals

Door Seals

Hi, I'm looking for a full set of door seals for my 88 Targa, does any one know where I can get some? I'm a bit desperate for them as we are in the middle of one of the wettest summers in years and the car leaks like a sieve.

Semi-retired veteran chkn72 has a brilliant future chkn72 has a brilliant future chkn72 has a brilliant future chkn72 has a brilliant future chkn72's Avatar

nissan, thats it unfortunately....

part numbers:
    83834 (RH)
    83835 (LH)
    80830Y (RH)
    80831Y (LH)

Exaless Bardock_4 has much to be proud of Bardock_4 has much to be proud of Bardock_4's Avatar

man i' m tempted to do this very soon i' m sick of my targas leaking!!!

Semi-retired veteran chkn72 has a brilliant future chkn72 has a brilliant future chkn72 has a brilliant future chkn72 has a brilliant future chkn72's Avatar

oh, and they arent cheap....

Exaless Bardock_4 has much to be proud of Bardock_4 has much to be proud of Bardock_4's Avatar

Yeah thats why i' m tempted....

thanks guys, I was afraid of that.

Is it possible to repair these things. Physically they are intact, just gone hard.

sikaflex i think thats what it is called, but it doesn't always work some one will be able to tell you the process of how to fix it with skiaflex on here.

B13 enthusiast TommyV has disabled reputation TommyV's Avatar

do a quick search on sikaflex, it seems to be a good cheap fix

heres one to get you started -

http://forum.nissanexa.com/showthread.php?t=42266

thanks again, great info.

I'll give it a try, i'll post some pics if it works.

Regular kerrynrinnie has disabled reputation kerrynrinnie's Avatar

Nissan rang me this morning $460 for the a - b pillar rubbers then $60 for the little bit above the window. i hope this helps
    My baby got 150 hp!!! t25 and standard computer i am stoked!!!

Thumbs up

thanks, now I know how much not to spend!!

Regular kerrynrinnie has disabled reputation kerrynrinnie's Avatar

However i did find out today that if you clean all the spots where the rubbers sit really well you can go to Clark Rubber and they sell rubbers like the ones on the targa tops for heaps cheaper. i will be taking mine in this week to see how much and if they definately have em. But just take your car to them and get them to look at the thickness and stuff like that and they should be able to hook you up.
    My baby got 150 hp!!! t25 and standard computer i am stoked!!!

I cut small holes in the end of each rubber and filled with sicaflex it worked a treat the windows now sit againts the rubber instead of having a great big gap.
    Not bad for 17.00 bucks
    Cheers Justin
    Crusty

Back in black Packy has a brilliant future Packy has a brilliant future Packy has a brilliant future Packy has a brilliant future Packy has a brilliant future Packy's Avatar

Glad to hear the sikaflex trick worked for you mate, that's about the only thing apart from buying new seals unfortunately.

Hi all
    Thanks for all the advice. I decided to try both options for repairing the rubbers and injected silkaflex into the leaking section as well as wolding it over the sam section. I have added some photos to show what I did. So far everything seems to have worked out OK. I'll leave for another few days to make sure that there are not further leaks and then tidy up the work for a better finish.

next set

results

Ill post a final shot when the clean up is done

Its not pretty but it works, no more leaks. My local Nissan dealer quoted $460.00 (supply only) Sikaflex cost $19.95.
    Attached Images

OBSESSED 1st_series_exa is very helpful round here 1st_series_exa's Avatar

can some one sticky this please
    **** n13 exa.....what else!!? ****

Weilder of Wooden Spoon!! ExaBaybee has a brilliant future ExaBaybee has a brilliant future ExaBaybee has a brilliant future ExaBaybee's Avatar

sticking for now,
    Living Is Easy With Eyes Shut!

I <3 chkn

Vodka Cruiser TeamGeorge is very helpful round here TeamGeorge's Avatar

sweet thread.

thanks.

Club Member Serge has disabled reputation Serge's Avatar

i had the same problem for a while....

all i did was coat the buggers in vaseline and they just soaked it all up (used to be all all "dried" up).

consequently got slightly engorged and resealed

I just do that once year and it seals great , never leaks, -ever-

(until after about a year, or if you have the t tops off and shuffle them on-off alot then reapply, thats th eonly time )

Oh.. didn't know what sikaflex is.. now i know..

Just for you to know guys.. right after u apply sikaflex, if you wet your fingers (or any other alike tool) with some water soap .. you can model fairy good the thing, so it wont look that bad! ..

We use sikaflex a lot in here since there is expensive to replace seals and stuff..
    MC

+ Reply to Thread