REMOVE ADS
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Dyno numbers (with proof)

Dyno numbers (with proof)

This old thread was deleted by the original poster, but due to popular demand it's being raised from the dead...

Hi Guys,
    I think its time for a new thread seeing as the old one was started back in '04 and is full of shit haha.
    (old thread http://forum.nissanexa.com/showthread.php?t=11178 - all the proven ones have been taken from this thread)

To get your name up here you MUST provide a dyno sheet - no dyno sheet no chance..
    provide: car/engine/boost
    post ur mods below if you like but this 1st post will be kept clean.

PLEASE KEEP THIS n12/n13 EXA / b13 NX / n12/n13 PULSAR related

so here is the list! It is in order.

AndrewK / B13 NX / SR20DET / 221.9KW (297.46HP)
    NzNXtacy / B13 NX / SR20DET / 221.9KW (297.46HP)
    boostdET / N12 ET / E15ET / 198KW (266.7HP)
    lMitAtiON / N13 Pulsar / CA18DET / 14PSI / 196.6KW (263.64HP)
    12.2ET@124MPH / N13 Pulsar / CA18DET / 190.9KW (255.9HP)
    siret / N12 ET / E15ET / 188.36KW (252.5HP)
    lMitAtiON / N13 Pulsar / CA18DET / 14PSI / 178.8KW (239.68HP)
    exagrandprix104 / B13 NX / SR20DET / 173KW (231.9HP)
    Garry / N13 EXA / CA18DET / 15PSI / 171.0KW (229.23HP)
    Injured Pegus / N13 EXA / CA18DET/ 15PSI / 166.6KW (223.33HP)
    mothius / N13 EXA / CA18DET / 166.19KW (222.78HP)
    thepurplepulsar / N12 ET / E15ET / 19PSI / 150.32KW (201.5HP)
    n12nissanexa / N12 EXA / E15et / (145.9kw) 195.6hp
    art n motion / N13 EXA / CA18DET / 10PSI / 138.41KW (185.54HP)
    Tee Koo / '83 Micra / E15ET / 12PSI / 135.8KW (182.1HP)
    boostinhard / N12 EXA / E15ET / 130KW (174.27HP)
    guess_whos_who / N13 EXA / CA18DET / 135.5KW (181.64HP)
    Lyshious / B13 NX Coupe / SR20VE / 127.4KW (170.9HP) - VIDEO - Formerly SR20DE / 79.22KW (106.2HP)
    XPO53 / N12 EXA / E15ET / 107.1KW (143.57HP) - VIDEO
    valdman1970 / B13 NX / SR20DE / 88.7KW (119HP)
    Photoglossy / N12 EXA / E15ET / 12PSI / 79.52KW (106.6HP)
    SeGGy / B13 NX / SR20DE / 79.5KW (106.6HP)
    jordsnissannx / B13 NX / SR20DE / 79.45KW (106.5HP)
    Lonx / N13 EXA / CA18DE / 68.1KW (91.29HP)
    mrvph / N13 EXA / CA16DE 59.3KW (79.49HP)
    Gavs_N13 / N13 EXA / CA16DE / 59.2KW (79.36HP)
    kitten 88EXA / N13 EXA / CA18DE / 58.5KW (78.42HP)
    Android 360 / N12 EXA Vert / E15S carby / 40.28KW (54.00HP) - VIDEO

all of the conversions have been made using the following formulas:
    HP --> KW conversion:
    HP ÷ 1.3405 = KW
    KW --> HP conversion:
    KW x 1.3405 = HP

*if your dyno run is out of date please provide new dyno slip - some of these date back to '04*
    Last edited by GPexa; 11th June 2010 at 01:14 AM.
    Warren & GeePee2
    R.I.P. GeePee

http://www.last.fm/user/ozasis

Platinum Member Pspicer is someone we respect Pspicer's Avatar

good news guys Dyno'd the FLMNNX last night 83.3 wkw

i have sheets to prove i will put them up shortly

performance enthusiast Injured Pegus is someone we respect Injured Pegus's Avatar

wow that dyno of mine is like 4 years old...i got over 300hp atw ill try find my last dyno
    The noun banshee has one meaning:
    Meaning #1: (Irish folklore) a white female spirit who screams to warn of impending death
    The noun banshi has one meaning:
    Meaning #1: (browns plains folklore) a white exa who screams to warn other racers of impending defeat

thread updated & cleaned

Finally got this bloody scanner working! Soon as i get my grubby hands on my dyno sheet i'll attempt to get it though, what's with all the low numbers for the NX's?? should be floating around the 90kw mark at least!

to work

Bust some

Have some

Have fun

none of this

Wake up like

it's because they are nx's
    ok better not start that

180SXY finno is known as a rock round here finno's Avatar

why not ca18 related i have a 180 with a ca i am building as far as it can go as long as its a ca i recon should be able to put numbers down i love the ca because i had one in the exa first so is a devotion to ca's really any ways will post sum numbers when motor is in and show u all wat 25 grands worth of ca goes like

180XTC ca18det powerhouse!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Impacter View Post
    Finally got this bloody scanner working! Soon as i get my grubby hands on my dyno sheet i'll attempt to get it though, what's with all the low numbers for the NX's?? should be floating around the 90kw mark at least!
    Well if you think about it

1 - Every dyno is different

2 - stock figures quote 106kw, then deduct your dyno bullshit - roughly 30% loss, = 74fwkw

So i would say it's a reasonable figure.

You can see a ca18de exa has around 60kw ATW (93kw quoted factory)
    And a sr20det NX has around 77 ATW (106kw quoted factory)

Sooo i'd say the figures seem acurate?

What the dyno doesnt show, is the butload more torque the NX has and better gear ratio's

Quote Originally Posted by finno View Post
    why not ca18 related i have a 180 with a ca i am building as far as it can go as long as its a ca i recon should be able to put numbers down i love the ca because i had one in the exa first so is a devotion to ca's really any ways will post sum numbers when motor is in and show u all wat 25 grands worth of ca goes like
    Simply because the 180sx obviously has a RWD drivetrain.

To my knowledge, all of these figures have been measure @ the wheels.

Dyno's have different calculations relating to drivetrains.

IF all of the figures were measured at the flywheel, then your figures would be valid for this post If you measured your power at the flywheel aswell; since there is no drivetrain loss. (Hence why similar cars such as a pulsar is included)
    1993 Nissan NXR
    1998 Honda EK4T Civic
    2000 Honda EK Civic
    1988 Nissan EXA - Dirt collector
    1992 Nissan NXR - Japanese JellyBean
    1989 Nissan EXA - Full Custom BodyKit, Carbon Fiber Bonnet and more

www.DriftRush.com <-- Newly formed Automotive TV show, sign up online for chances to win!

Resident Drifter skindoe is known as a rock round here skindoe's Avatar

25 grand on a CA? It better have at least 280rwkw's and a big fat power curve to go with it. If not, IMO that is a huge waste of money. Im looking forward to the results on a dyno graph Finno.

Why did I rip out a healthy RB20DET and replace it with a SR20DET?

For the best reason, cause I can....
    Oh yeah, I forgot, also cause rb20's are gutless paperweights

heres the specs head was heavly ported no longer has the two holes that the butterflys usually block rb25 valves cut down and customed,solid lifters,tomea valve springs,tomea huge solid cams,

block has bin flowed for better oil drain as has the head,has cp pistons,trust rods,heavly modifyed crank, and custom sump and pick up,

had custom plenum made with 80mm throttle body,nismo injectors,sard fuel rail,turbosmart fuel reg, custom made top mount manifold housing a gt35 and a turbo smart street gate,

running a microtec with microtec ignition box for even more spark, also msd ss blaster coil packs with msd leads,these things are huge

hoping to get 500hp + and hoping to get even more outa the ca engine wont be in till march or so when the body is finished

finno it's for exas/nx's and n12/n13 pulsars.. it's been that way from the start because this is a website for those cars.... if we open it up to all these different cars then it will have no relevance....

Has Too Many Cars! Lyshious is someone we respect Lyshious's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Android 360 View Post
    it's because they are nx's
    ok better not start that
    LOL Who said NXs have low numbers Mine doesn't! LOL It's beating some of the turbos!

Has more power than a 6cyl NA Supra at Auto Salon's Final Battle 2 days ago

Yes - I has a video from Auto Salon - and as soon as I work out how to post it.......

Got less than expected at Auto Salon - she was sucking in air from inside the building and it was a humid as 34 degree day (apparently the humidity inside was worse than outside) - so higher water content and lower oxygen levels in the air effected the final outcome - she made 122fwkw flat. Everyone I spoke with was pulling less than expected.

I'll be running race fuel in her next time I head to AutoSalon though - hoping that'll take her over the 200Hp mark.

She's now ranked number 16 in the top 20 4cyl NA cars for all dyno events recorded throughout Australia - need proof?: (If you want to check further - she's also ranked 31st from before the engine swap too LOL)

http://www.hpheaven.com.au/records.p...oosted=1&nos=1
    (The HP Heaven crew ROCK - best group of guys ever, talked to a few of them during the event)

The ONLY 4 cyl NA car in the top 20 that's NOT A HONDA! YEAH!!

Hoping to pull better numbers at Summernats in a couple of weeks time.

Stay tuned!

Lysh
    Lysh's Cars

Ummmmm - little help..... HOW do I get this video onto here??

Anyone??
    Lysh's Cars

\\\\__GP-EXA__//// exacyzm has a brilliant future exacyzm has a brilliant future exacyzm has a brilliant future exacyzm's Avatar

You'll probably have to upload it to youtube or similar then post a link to it or embed it in you post. Nice numbers by the way.
    Used to own: 1989 GP #086 (2001 - 2010)

but its a ca ur going for ca power not the exa its self this thread is basically to see how much power a ca can produce and who ever loves exas as i did will love the little ca and will be keen to see wat power comes out

Quote Originally Posted by finno View Post
    but its a ca ur going for ca power not the exa its self this thread is basically to see how much power a ca can produce and who ever loves exas as i did will love the little ca and will be keen to see wat power comes out
    Point being - the difference between the cars is fw vs rw - rw will always be able to handle more power, even when you take into account the loss of power between the engine and wheels - yes, the fws will lose less power along the drive train - however - the steering in a rw is not compromised as much under full power application.

The other argument lies within the body styling of the Exa (and NXs too by right) themselves.

These cars have targa tops - so the structural integrity of the cars themselves are lower than that of a car with a full roof or sunroof. Which is why you generally find that cars modified to be topless either have a roll cage added or a sh!tload of structural reinforcements, as the roof is an integral part of the structure keeping the front and the rear in alignment. Because the top half of the car is weaker the chassis can twist easier under full application of power when the power figures reach their higher points, especially when you team both elements together - torque steer + compromised structural integrity of a vehicle which was not factory designed to take high power figuers.......

I'll stop here.
    Lysh's Cars

hey lysh
    put it up on youtube then i can link it for ya

finno its a completely diff car, yeah same motor, but if i did that then we'd be adding in everything like geminis with ca's datsuns with ca's etc.. these cars are completely different from the exas and pulsars.

Quote Originally Posted by Android 360 View Post
    hey lysh
    put it up on youtube then i can link it for ya

finno its a completely diff car, yeah same motor, but if i did that then we'd be adding in everything like geminis with ca's datsuns with ca's etc.. these cars are completely different from the exas and pulsars.
    Thanks Joel! And thanks Exacyzm! I'll (try) and get the video up and running when I gets home from work tonight - if I have any issues, I'll jump back on here and b!tch about it until it works LOL

Nah - I'll let you know when it's done

Cheers!
    Lysh's Cars

As an interesting footnote - met a guy with a pulsar over the Autosalon weekend - we were both there with ESP Racing - he's got 4cyl turbo (don't ask for specifics - I can't remember specifics).

He managed to take out the most powerful fwd 4cyl turbo figures for the weekend - made 285.4 fwkw. His numbers were down on usual due to the humidity / oxygen factor as well - he managed to get around 300fwkw on the same dyno I made my 127.4 fwkw on.

The thing that surprised me the most is that he has an NX gearbox in it.

NOW I know why the guys said that my gearbox would handle my upgrades without any trouble. They'd already seen how much abuse they could take while building this pulsar.

I also discovered that I can use the windscreen from the pulsars if mine ever goes.... Didn't realise the cars were THAT similar LOL.

That's all for now! I promise!

Lysh
    Lysh's Cars

i will still post figures for entertainment

+ Reply to Thread