REMOVE ADS
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Dyno numbers (with proof)

i have seen a ca with just over 700hp was in japan tho.

Quote Originally Posted by SIK__M8 View Post
    loook its bogan rant rant rant rant rantbuy my exa rant rant rant

Has Too Many Cars! Lyshious is someone we respect Lyshious's Avatar

Video from AutoSalon last week is now up for viewing

BIG thank you to Joel for adding it in for me!
    Lysh's Cars

Elite Member wingnut has much to be proud of wingnut has much to be proud of wingnut's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lyshious View Post
    Video from AutoSalon last week is now up for viewing

BIG thank you to Joel for adding it in for me!

cool
    did you beat miss r?

Exa Oz 2004 attendee

Quote Originally Posted by wingnut View Post
    cool
    did you beat miss r?
    Not this time

She's got 20kw on me - once I get the plenum done I should be up there though

I did meet her though - really nice chick!
    Lysh's Cars

Hasn't posted siret is very helpful round here

dyno sheet

adroid 360 told me to post this on here a little old but i found it in my car stuff in my room

gti-r t28 28psi standard bottom end custom head and cam work

dont have a print out of tune with new turbo in the above photo but it made 290bhp

nice one dude! you're 3rd on the list with the 2nd highest power output.
    welcome to the forum check out the qld section.. there is a cruise in jan

Hi Joel!

If I get higher numbers @ the Summernats thi s weekend can I send you a sheet for an update?

Hoping the numbers will be up - the numbers up there at the moment are from just after the car was put back together. Everything has now been worn in, it's an outside dyno, so I won't have the increased humidity / depleted oxygen in the air issue, had the whole cooling system flushed and I've cleaned out the air filter Worst comes to worst and I'm a few HP behind I'll take the filter off for the finals run - did that last year and pulled 6hp out of my backside

As far as I can tell - I'm a shoe in for gold - but I've seen an S2000 at scrutineering... Let's just hope he's either gone turbo or hasn't had much head work done. Got beaten by an S2000 last year..... They make me nervous. But last year it made 171.0Hp. I'm making 170.9 before everything wore in....

I have a socket set and a bottle of octane booster in my corner.....

Cross your fingers and think of a number between 171 and 185 for me!

Until next time, longwindedly yours,

Lysh
    Lysh's Cars

lysh.. have you also considered a few simple tricks?
    remove power steering and a/c belts so your engine isn't wasting power on them for the run.
    install a davies craig electric waterpump and controller so your engine doesnt lose power pushing water thru itself...

you may be surprised at the difference it makes....

i'll update your results for sure..

Hmmmmm..... I'd been toying with the water pump idea for a while - ran out of money in the budget to do it during the big engine swap

The AC belt I can live without - but this year I'm doing the Go2Whoa and grass events too, so the power steering has to stay... Until the finals. If I'm getting beaten by the S2000 again LOL Looks like I need to pull out ye-olde tool chest again! (Dammit Joel! i just spent the morning detailing it LOL Now I know no matter how hard I try I'm gonna get grubby hands on it. LOL)

Thanks much! I'll keep ya posted! (I'm a paid member now too (as of about 5 mins ago) - about bloody time eh?)
    Lysh's Cars

Elite Member wingnut has much to be proud of wingnut has much to be proud of wingnut's Avatar

good luck!

Exa Oz 2004 attendee

Sinner!!! LIL_NANNY is very helpful round here LIL_NANNY's Avatar

Good luck Lysh. Can't wait to see what your updated numbers are.

You and me both! Thanks Nan - and thanks Wingnut! Hang over seems to be subsiding - so I'll be down there this arvo too.

Don't know why they decided to start it on new years day. *sniffs air* If I still smell like booze - should I even drive?? Or should I just shower 1st??

I need some hash browns.....

Fingers crossed for a run time this arvo - it's a warmish day here, but there's an awesome cool breeze that the car will love!
    Lysh's Cars

For anyone who's interested - my dyno run is at 1.30pm tomorrow (FRIDAY).

As for Go2Whoa & the grass events.... I still need to sign up! But they should be happening either tomorrow or Saturday
    Lysh's Cars

Thanks! Quick update - made finals for dyno and Go2Whoa yesterday!

Only pulled 153hp - lost 20hp somewhere I think going straight from go 2 whoa to the dyno may have done it - car would've been a bit hot! (wearing a motorbike helmet in an NX coupe is NOT fun - even when you're under 5 ft tall!)

Hoping for 170hp on Sunday That S2000 is there again this year - beating me again this year... He pulled 172hp yesterday.

Here's to the finals!

Lysh
    Lysh's Cars

good luck! lysh

Exa Oz 2004 attendee

Banned cypress_blaze is a splendid one to behold cypress_blaze is a splendid one to behold cypress_blaze's Avatar

can this thread be cleaned and lysh's posts be merged with her thread? This is a dyno numbers w/ proof thread only.

Thanks.

and not to be a complete wanker, good luck lysh.

Thanks Blaze

I try to keep it dyno related!! In my own (admittedly) long winded manner

(Sorry Blaze - this isn't to have a go at you - most of the following is dyno related - I'm just too tired to post it elsewhere!)

As a final update - I have a new trophy It's another 2nd place - but hey, this year it was close! Last year he beat me by 60Hp. This year he beat me by 6Hp It's the same numbers - just a different combination. Last year = 106.2 this year = 160.2 - so still down on Hp, need a re-tune now that everything's worn in.

Next mods = electric fuel pump (Thanks Joel!) bigger throttle body (prolly from an XF Falcon - you can jam those on everything), race fuel and a re-tune

I got in early this morning and pulled the front bar off before the run - found 1/2 my missing HP from the qualifiers LOL

S2000 knows I'm after him now. He ran 166Hp today - down on his 170 from the qualifiers.

Keep a look out! There's a REALLY good chance that I'm gonna be in Street Machine!! Prolly the Nats edition - the journo pulled me aside for a chat after my run this morning - brought the photographer over and everything. So you'll get to see what my car looks like minus front bar - and you get to see what I look like - on 1 knee in front of the car, cheesy grin, sunburnt as all hell and the sun in my eyes, and a big thumbs up Don't think it'll be a full page or anything, just a little excerpt - then again - he did grab my number....... (Hmmmm.... Now I think about it..... I hope he was a journo...... LOL)

And lastly - didn't get anything for Go2Whoa. I panicked in the finals today and bogged down in 1st Was only down 0.4 seconds on my qualifier LOL I get stage fright with all those people in the grandstands watching. Gives me something to go for next year!

Until next time - you can live without the run sheet. I'm tired, sunburnt and going to bed now. Will post sheet later.

Lysh

P.S. Many thanks to everyone for your support - I appreciate knowing the club is behind me even if most of you can't make it in person!
    Lysh's Cars

nicely done!
    ignore cypress, he likes to make people feel bad to make himself feel better. thats why he's banned!

feel free to post what you like in here, it's my thread and i'll clean it up when i think it's appropriate.
    you haven't posted anything that isn't related.

once again, congrats on the result! hopefully you'll get him next time!

Quote Originally Posted by Lyshious View Post
    Next mods = electric fuel pump (Thanks Joel!)
    water pump

next time loosen the pulley of the power steering pump and remove the belt, would take like 2 mins that goopy p/s fluid is a lot of extra strain... better still.. get an mr2 electric power steering pump! LOL

Meh - Blaze didn't bother me - as you could probably tell from my extra long post LOL

LOL @ myself for the fuel / water pump - i DID mean waterpump! I've already done the fuel pump LOL That proves I was tired. LOL

Tried for the belts! I can't get in there to get them off! So I ripped the front bar off instead LOL Had to take something apart to make me feel like I was gonna do better LOL

Hmmmm...... Power steering pump..... Water pump....... I need to go shopping! Thanks again! Next year will be 3rd year lucky - and with the race fuel and tune up I should get him. If I can find it - run sheet will get uploaded tonight. I put it somewhere before I went to bed, now I can't remember which somewhere it was.
    Lysh's Cars

+ Reply to Thread