REMOVE ADS
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Dyno numbers (with proof)

bet u're hoping he doesn't go do anything too crazy eh lol

Has Too Many Cars! Lyshious is someone we respect Lyshious's Avatar

LOL We're already playing it like a 4cyl NA Gladiator Challenge. We're gonna sign up for dyno times and go 1 after the other - and let them know it's a battle between mates so they can play it up for the crowd LOL I just h ope we can still be friends after I beat his ass LOL He was meant to be there this year - but his sump gasket went the day the event started So, it'll be another 12 months of drawn out taunting LOL

He's got a Gemini. 2.6L single cam - stage 3, oversize valves, port and polish, bigger injectors (which are about the same as mine are now) throttle body from an XF (gee - wonder where I got THAT idea from?? LOL) bigger zorst, bigger air intake and can't remember if there's anything else.

I have 2L twin cam, stage 2, new valves springs & lifters, variable valve timing, port & polish, full custom mandrel bent zorst, custom cold air intake, racing head gasket, new fuel pump. Over the next 12 months I'll be getting an electric water pump and (hopefully) a bigger throttle body. Plenum too if I can afford it. Injector upgrade will cost too much.... But I'll be getting race fual and a tune up before the next event. Hoping to break the 200Hp mark, prolly wont, but it's something to aim for!

So - I reckon it's gonna be a fairly good battle next year! I'm looking forward to it already!
    Lysh's Cars

Sounds interesting, bets on you won't break 130kw though, not without some serious dollars down (which it sounds like it's going to be)
    Get a blower, be original, be the first NX-RS going around for a bit.

to work

Bust some

Have some

Have fun

none of this

Wake up like

speed addict 12.2ET@124MPH is very helpful round here 12.2ET@124MPH's Avatar

update

I'm updating my dyno chart

Quote Originally Posted by Impacter View Post
    Sounds interesting, bets on you won't break 130kw though, not without some serious dollars down (which it sounds like it's going to be)
    Get a blower, be original, be the first NX-RS going around for a bit.
    When all the work was done - before the parts had been properly worn in and we'd given her a tentative tune-up she was making 127.4kws - as per dyno sheet. All I need is some race fuel and she'll be up around the 140kw mark. Race fuel's not that expensive.

Throw a bigger throttle body, plenum and electric water pump in and she'll be making around 150kw easy - then add race fuel......

Just the water pump itself would have her up around the 140kw mark minus the race fuel. That'd be a couple hundred at most. Not so big money.

Point being - none of what I've had done has needed any engineering and she's still a fully street legal car that gets me to and from work everyday.

Other point being - she's NA - I want to keep her NA - how is getting blower going to keep her NA? I'm being original. Takes alot more thought and effort to get something decent out of an NA. Anyone can bolt on the forced induction parts and get an extra 60Hp. Where's the thought in that? It took time, planning and effort to achieve my newfound 60Hp.

How much you wanting to bet on that 130kw mark then?? Put your money where your mouth is? I'll be happy to take it from you.
    Lysh's Cars

Wow - I just re-read that... Maybe I should avoid the forums if I'm havinga bad day....
    Lysh's Cars

NX Maniac in NZ NzNXtacy is someone we respect NzNXtacy's Avatar

Will changing to an electric water pump really give you 13 kw?

I think so - should add anywhere between 5 and 15 Hp so that's... *counts on fingers* 3.37 - 11.19kw.

While it's in there I'm gonna get the car re-tuned, it's gonna need it after the pump goes in anyway LOL. Even if I didn't get the water pump I still think the re-tune will put me over the 130kw mark. So the tune will prolly gain an extra 5-10kw now that all the parts have worn in, then add in the 3 - 11kw from the water pump switch.... So, in theory, yes. I should be able to gain 13kw when I change the water pump. LOL
    Lysh's Cars

dont need to do a retune for a water pump
    all it does it take the strain of the coolant system off the engine, doesn't mess with ur tune

you will get the same sort of thing if you could remove your power steering belt for a dyno run or even get an sw20 mr2 electric power steering pump!

Quote Originally Posted by 12.2ET@124MPH View Post
    I'm updating my dyno chart
    nicely done! you are now in the top three for the club!

Quote Originally Posted by Android 360 View Post
    dont need to do a retune for a water pump
    all it does it take the strain of the coolant system off the engine, doesn't mess with ur tune

you will get the same sort of thing if you could remove your power steering belt for a dyno run or even get an sw20 mr2 electric power steering pump!
    I know I don't need to re-tune, but my numbers have been steadily declining since the car was last tuned, so a re-tune would prolly be a good idea now that I've driven the car around a bit and everything not so brand spanking new

I reckon the electric pump would be the go - to get to the power steering belt I either have to remove the quarter panel or lift the engine out to get to it. LOL
    Lysh's Cars

na there should be an easily accessible adjustment for the power steering pump..
    you just loosen it off and remove the belt

SR20 Abuser jordsnissannx is very helpful round here jordsnissannx's Avatar

woo hoo!!!!!!! finally got it done today yay!!!!!!1

just the standard '93 NX-R wit a k&n panel filter and a 2 1/4 inch straight through to a cannon and almost crapped out clutch lol

found out wat the flat spot is too, its the same one thats on the dyno read out, fuel pressure regulator, now i know wat it is, i can go fix it now yay hahaha

jordo

hai jordo - added u
    u are just under seggy

Quote Originally Posted by Impacter View Post
    Sounds interesting, bets on you won't break 130kw though, *not without some serious dollars down* (which it sounds like it's going to be)Get a blower, be original, be the first NX-RS going around for a bit.
    What's the running total going so far (mods alone)

When's she going the quarter?

to work

Bust some

Have some

Have fun

none of this

Wake up like

Running total so far, in general? Or not including the stereo (and 2nd stereo upgrade - got rid of all the old stuff and ripped the 1st new 1 one out when it crapped itself), soundproofing, paint, extra body bits, wheels and tyres? LOL

ALL mods in total = Hmmm..........

*scratches head and thinks back over the last 3 years*
    ($10,000 - Paint, $3000 - Wheels & Tyres combo, $1500 Suspension overhaul, $1500 - 1st stezz, $4000 - 2nd stezz & soundproofing, $2000 - Body mods, $15000 - under the bonnet)

*counts on fingers*

*scratches head* *find a calculator*

$37,000

And the car itself cost $10,000 - so in ABSOLUTE total - car and & everything that came after it = $47,000

NOT including the $1600 I pay for insurance every year and $600 I fork out each year to keep her on the road and registered. Or petrol money. Or annual servicing. Or the time the clutch blew and I needed a tow & a new clutch. Or the time the thrust bearing went and I needed a tow and a new thrust bearing. LOL

Wow.... It doesn't seem like I've put THAT much into her - that's the 1st time I really thought about everything I've done and how much I've spent to get her where she is now.

Not without some serious dollars? It's always serious dollars!

I have no idea when she's doing the quarter - there's nothing around Canberra to use as a quarter - well - there ARE a couple of places, but the cops know where they are too. LOL
    Lysh's Cars

And I'm sorry for the blow up last time - as stated after that "I shouldn't use the formus when I've had a bad day" Which is why I haven't been on in a while.

No hard feelings then?

Joel - I have a friend that's doing up an MR2 at the moment - he's getting me a quote on that pump, and my workshop is organising a quote for the Davies Craig And they're looking into the costing on throttle body and plenum too - but I have no idea when I'll be able to afford them - the pumps are getting done no matter what though. LOL
    Lysh's Cars

get a quote for the pump and controller thru supercheap too.
    they can order em in.

Dude - you ARE a legend, you know that right?? I'm calling them as soon as the boss isn't looking. LOL
    Lysh's Cars

The Sagacious One Darkness has a brilliant future Darkness has a brilliant future Darkness has a brilliant future Darkness's Avatar

Lysh did I read somewhere that you are 16th on the power figures for NA cars? Do you have a list of that at all? I want to see what my competition would be if I wanted to try for that
    I had to choose between a big dick and a good memory. Unfortunately, I can't remember what I chose...

+ Reply to Thread