REMOVE ADS
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: NX-R suspension/brake compatibility (N13, N14, RNN14 etc.)

EXA/NX Maniac supportOZHIPHOP has disabled reputation supportOZHIPHOP's Avatar

NX-R suspension/brake compatibility (N13, N14, RNN14 etc.)

Ay,
    Just wondering if anybody knows whether putting GTi-R suspension into an NX-R is feasible. Ive heard that as they share similar chassis's that using GTi-R suspension in a NX-R in entirely possible.
    Just hoping someone knows before i dish out the hard-earned cash!!!
    Cheers
    Last edited by SeGGy; 9th April 2009 at 04:47 PM.
    "Hip Hops no longer living in rocks shadow the kids are now spittin not singin"
    "A mans success is not measured by the depths of his pocket"
    - Hilltop Hoods

Here again. valman1970 is very helpful round here valman1970's Avatar

The NX/NX-R front brakes are the same as a GTiR, I'm not too sure on the struts. Check out Whiteline's online catalog. The front sway bar is the same as a SSS N14 at 28mm. I think the GTiR sway bar is different for the AWD transfer housing.
    Built, not Bought!

brap brap brap StaTiK has a brilliant future StaTiK has a brilliant future StaTiK has a brilliant future StaTiK has a brilliant future StaTiK's Avatar

springs/struts are interchangeable. thats as far as i know on the matter. They also fit the N13 exa.
    1988 Nissan Pathfinder in the build - FJ20ET 4x4 rig coming soon
    "Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
    Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Thats good to know, I was always under the impression that the fronts were interchangeable, but the rears werent - next time PGA has a group buy I might have to invest in some teins.

EXA/NX Maniac supportOZHIPHOP has disabled reputation supportOZHIPHOP's Avatar

Sweet, I had a feeling they might of been. Be able to save a bit more and get coilovers now hopefully, but i wonder if the spring/dampening rates on coilovers designated for a GTi-R will be thrown out but the different weights/distribution of the two models? only one way to find out.... So front/rear strut braces for the N14s will fit on a NX-R will they?
    "Hip Hops no longer living in rocks shadow the kids are now spittin not singin"
    "A mans success is not measured by the depths of his pocket"
    - Hilltop Hoods

As far as I can tell the strut braces are the same. I went to a little bit more trouble for my rear brace. It is triangulated and is the mount for my amps.
    Last edited by valman1970; 15th March 2009 at 02:54 PM.
    Built, not Bought!

Banned cypress_blaze is a splendid one to behold cypress_blaze is a splendid one to behold cypress_blaze's Avatar

the front control arms are the same as well. at least the JDM GTiR control arms fit into the USDM NX's (b13) and the sentra's. That would mean that ball joints, bushings, etc are compatable. I'm not sure on the top side of the struts though.

I looked further into it, as I want to put my lowered N14 setup onto my NX. The SSS pulsars are the same struts and springs as the NX, the N14 Q's and such are different. As to how different, I'm not yet sure.
    Built, not Bought!

Mika - The Flying Finn Raikkonen is known as a rock round here Raikkonen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by valman1970 View Post
    I looked further into it, as I want to put my lowered N14 setup onto my NX. The SSS pulsars are the same struts and springs as the NX, the N14 Q's and such are different. As to how different, I'm not yet sure.
    Different probably in that the springs are more aggressively set up in the SSS and NX. I highly doubt the struts are different in any way whatsoever.

N14, RNN14 and B13 are almost completely interchangeable in terms of suspension components.

The N15 SSS, NX-R and RNN14 (GTiR) have the same front brakes standard. NX does not.

Strut braces are interchangeable between N13, N14, B13 and RNN14 (and N15 front only)

Adjustable coilover type suspension from RNN14 will fit N13, N14 and B13. Standard spring rates will be high and not suit the FWD N14, B13 and N13, so it's preferred you get a spring with a lower rate.

Wll, there you go. That sums it all up in a nutshell. Saves me more time, and allows me to do what I want to my car without any more expense!! Many thanks, Raikkonen.
    Built, not Bought!

Flamin HOT Exa! exactly...doh is a splendid one to behold exactly...doh is a splendid one to behold exactly...doh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raikkonen View Post
    Different probably in that the springs are more aggressively set up in the SSS and NX. I highly doubt the struts are different in any way whatsoever.

N14, RNN14 and B13 are almost completely interchangeable in terms of suspension components.

The N15 SSS, NX-R and RNN14 (GTiR) have the same front brakes standard. NX does not.

Strut braces are interchangeable between N13, N14, B13 and RNN14 (and N15 front only)

Adjustable coilover type suspension from RNN14 will fit N13, N14 and B13. Standard spring rates will be high and not suit the FWD N14, B13 and N13, so it's preferred you get a spring with a lower rate.
    that answers the top three suspension questions that are asked so many times on here. pity you can't sticky just one post!

consider it stuck after this question
    (i modified title lol)

so does N15 coilover fit B13 nxr?

and can you explain to me more about this spring ratio

does that mean if i get say N15 coilovers the spring ratio is too high?
    1993 Nissan NXR
    1998 Honda EK4T Civic
    2000 Honda EK Civic
    1988 Nissan EXA - Dirt collector
    1992 Nissan NXR - Japanese JellyBean
    1989 Nissan EXA - Full Custom BodyKit, Carbon Fiber Bonnet and more

www.DriftRush.com <-- Newly formed Automotive TV show, sign up online for chances to win!

If the spring rate is too high, it will be harsh and bouncey.

NXR rear calipers and rotors are the same as N14. I used them to replace mine, as they were crapped out.

N14 SSS rear swaybar will fit the NXR's, but the standard exhaust may be an issue. Not on mine, as I made a 2 1/2" mandrel exhaust!!
    Last edited by valman1970; 24th April 2009 at 05:34 PM. Reason: More info.
    Built, not Bought!

NX Maniac in NZ NzNXtacy is someone we respect NzNXtacy's Avatar

Ive always thought that I had GTIR brakes (AD22VF 256mm rotors) but after ordering some replacement discs and EBC pads for the front it turns out I have the AD18V brakes (249mm rotors)!

So I have bought some AD22VF's that are off a primera and am installing them the night before I race at Ruapuna. The question is...Do the primera brakes bolt straight up to the NX hubs? Im assuming they would but I know that theres some smart guys on this forum that will confirm it for me.

NX's have the 18's, NXR's have the 22's, I am not sure about the hubs. Unfortunately, trying is probably the easiest way of checking.
    Built, not Bought!

NX Maniac in NZ NzNXtacy is someone we respect NzNXtacy's Avatar

Yeah I was hoping to get a definititive answer so I could be prepared as I get the brakes the night b4 I race, which means ill be in a real predicament if something doesnt fit....

Sound System GOD bitches fever is a name known to all fever is a name known to all fever's Avatar

ok matter of facts i got question here.. will the rear Nx or Nxr rear disk brakes be considered for an upgrade to a N13.. i'm talking bout everyting.. rear sway bars, suspension. rear disk cable and hand brake setup.. hub etc etc cause i wanna get one if it is possible
    Quote Originally Posted by exacyzm View Post
    I could weld better, and I have never welded anything in my life. I don't even know what end to weld with.
    Red Moon Build Thread
    Post your coupe here
    PARTS FOR SALESSS <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
    NAME YOUR RIDE HERE BITCHES
    RED ANGEL BUILD THREAD

Regular Kishada is someone we respect Kishada's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NzNXtacy View Post
    Yeah I was hoping to get a definititive answer so I could be prepared as I get the brakes the night b4 I race, which means ill be in a real predicament if something doesnt fit....

I reckon they'll be a direct bolt up, but you'll have to cut the splash shield to accomodate the larger calipers. Just use a pair of sidecutters/tin snips. Best bet is to jack the front of your car up and measure the distance between the mounting bolts on the caliper to be 100% certain.

Remember your master cylinder is set up to feed the smaller front pistons in your current calipers, so expect a longer brake pedal before bite. Ideally get an NX-R/Pulsar SSS master cylinder and servo, but changing them out with the engine in will be a pain in the ass. Years ago when i did it on my set up in the UK, i think i actually deemed it pretty much impossible to change out with the engine in, without removing at least the inlet manifold...

With regards to the above suspension thread, i don't believe the rear RNN14 anti-roll bar will fit. I looked at one on car once when i had both a B13 and N14 and just couldn't physically see it fitting due to the bends in it to accomodate the rear diff and exhaust set up on the GTI-R.

With regards to N15 rear shockers fitting a B13 or N14, i don't think it's likely. I see plenty of these at work and i'm always on the lookout for interchangeable parts, and first time i saw them i remember thinking a straight up no.

What does fit though is rear calipers from a U13 bluebird (CL9HA), but NOT the rotors.
    You need rotors from a UK/JAP Sunny/Pulsar GTI or SR20DE engine NX to run the 256 x 9mm rear rotors, and also the handbrake cable arms for the calipers from that car. The standard brake set-up for these SR20DE UK/JAP Pulsars/NX's was AD22VF front and CL9HA rear, so 256mm all round, and they are seriously feisty for locking up and swinging out at the rear if you trailing brake in to a corner!
    Had a '92 Maroon NX-R 2008-2009
    Looking to buy again as emigrating permanently

AWD/4WD MASTER TOOQIKK is someone we respect TOOQIKK's Avatar

Thumbs up

they should bolt up the suspension parts and brake parts interchange....along with b12 parts...lol
    i have nxr front brakes, b12 rear brakes and rnn14 coil over suspension...lol

this was for fever...lol
    T-1 Certified AMSoil Dealer
    www.lubedealer.com/dkinney
    for all your synthetic oil and filter needs

AWD/4WD MASTER TOOQIKK is someone we respect TOOQIKK's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by supportOZHIPHOP View Post
    Ay,
    Just wondering if anybody knows whether putting GTi-R suspension into an NX-R is feasible. Ive heard that as they share similar chassis's that using GTi-R suspension in a NX-R in entirely possible.
    Just hoping someone knows before i dish out the hard-earned cash!!!
    Cheers
    yes they do interchange
    T-1 Certified AMSoil Dealer
    www.lubedealer.com/dkinney
    for all your synthetic oil and filter needs

+ Reply to Thread