REMOVE ADS
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: RS5F50A converted to RS5F50V

Regular BobsN13 has disabled reputation BobsN13's Avatar

RS5F50A converted to RS5F50V

As the title states, is it possible to convert the LSD Diff and housing on to the non LSD gearbox.
    I have access to a RS5F50V gearbox that is broken, but the diff and housing are good.
    Any information would be greatly appreciated, and if it can, how difficult is it to do.

Thanks.

P.S. I have searched but found nothing.
    CA18DET
    2 1/2 Mandrel Exhaust
    600x300x76 FMIC
    GT2860R
    150Kw atw. Another 50kw to go.:madshake:

Club Member misty has disabled reputation misty's Avatar

use 50V gear casing with exa bellhousing. That's my eventual plan wheni can be bothered.

-Mika

Are you talking about the entire gearbox caseing, or just the diff housing?
    CA18DET
    2 1/2 Mandrel Exhaust
    600x300x76 FMIC
    GT2860R

Sound System GOD bitches fever is a name known to all fever is a name known to all fever's Avatar

entire casing bro
    Quote Originally Posted by exacyzm View Post
    I could weld better, and I have never welded anything in my life. I don't even know what end to weld with.
    Red Moon Build Thread
    Post your coupe here
    PARTS FOR SALESSS <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
    NAME YOUR RIDE HERE BITCHES
    RED ANGEL BUILD THREAD

[E][X][A][Q][T][A] DEVILsEXA is known as a rock round here DEVILsEXA's Avatar

If u do indeed have a 50V box, that are extrememly rare in Aus, then it has the Hydrolic clutch housing. If being used in an EXA then this is great as you just need to swap the gearboxs over.

If your planning on using it in the car in your avatar then you will need to convert to hydrolic clutch. Not so great.

But if you are being mistaken and actually have the N13 Pulsar VLSD box 31V with the cable clutch setup then swapping that into an EXA is not a good idea.

Gearboxes can be interchanged... just changes the ratio if using say a 1.8 one on a 1.6 original diff.

Only thing i'm not sure about, is possibly being able to swap the diff center from a VLSD housing into a non VLSD housing. If you could then the hydro/cable problem, wouldn't be a problem.

Also keep in mind that the different diffs use different driveshafts.

50V and 50A have different length shafts. And 31 to 50 use different diameters!

So important thing is to keep the correct drive shafts with the diff.

I already have the 50A box in the car with the hydrualic clutch conversion done.

The gearbox I have access to is a U12 Bluebird SSS AWD Auto gearbox. As far as I know the casing for the gearbox is cracked but the diff and housing are fine.
    CA18DET
    2 1/2 Mandrel Exhaust
    600x300x76 FMIC
    GT2860R

Mika - The Flying Finn Raikkonen is known as a rock round here Raikkonen's Avatar

You'll want a U12 TRX gear case. Diff diameter between LSD and non-LSD is the same, so the Exa Bellhousing end should be the same to house the diff. The gear casing on the 50A, however, will be smaller, that's where the TRX casing comes in.

The AWD box should have the transfer case attached, so I'm not sure how that would work.

Edit - Hang on, it's an Auto box. That isn't even a 50 series box. You want a 50V out of a U12 TRX, Not an auto box and Diff.

+ Reply to Thread