REMOVE ADS
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Forum consolidation

Forum consolidation

Hi All!!

I mentioned this in passing in the moderators thread earlier this month, I've been keen on consolidating the forums a bit to remove areas that were moving slowly. The site's been in need of a bit of a cleanup like this for quite a while! There's more to come in the coming weeks, as I'm planning to do the vBulletin 4 upgrade soon, which is quite major!

I've just spent a few hours doing a bit of reconfiguration and consolidation of slower moving forums so that we have less forums with more activity. Using the vBulletin prefix feature, I've been able to prefix all of the old forums and have moved their contents into new consolidated forums.

The following changes have taken place:-

• Merging of all local sections into one big forum called "Cruises and regional based discussion"
    • Merging of "Style", "More Speed" and "Sound System" into the new "Style, Performance and Sound" forum.
    • Merging of "What's New", "Off Topic", "Jokes" and "Music"into "What's New" and deleting "Brags".

You can use the display options on the forum page below the list of threads if you want to filter the list of threads to one type of prefix at a time. It'd be like viewing the old forum as it used to exist before the merge!

If you have any questions at all, ask here!

Cheers!
    Warren
    Warren & GeePee2
    R.I.P. GeePee

http://www.last.fm/user/ozasis

Also, I forgot to mention - some of you now have significantly higher post counts, as about 5500 threads worth of posts have been moved from "off-topic" into the new "what's new" forum!! Off-topic posts did not used to count towards user post counts. With the forum consolidation, we couldn't keep that rule - so now some of you can see how much time you've spent waffling on about non-car talk on here over time! haha!

In the 8 year existence of the off-topic forum, I'm proud to say that I've only contributed about 400 off-topic posts out of my 4635!
    Warren & GeePee2
    R.I.P. GeePee

Exaless Bardock_4 has much to be proud of Bardock_4 has much to be proud of Bardock_4's Avatar

Wow what a difference it makes, makes the forums look a little bit smaller, i was like WTF when i opened it up then i was like ahhh now i remember.

Holly Shit i have 9,822 posts

Fuck me......

Yep, there was a lot of shit in that little forum! haha!

Oh, and in regards to posting new threads in those new forums, you'll need to use a prefix just like how the Buy & Sell forum has been set up since prefixes came into existence. So if you go to create a thread and it comes up with that error, make sure you use a thread prefix in the dropdown menu just before your topic title.
    Warren & GeePee2
    R.I.P. GeePee

brap brap brap StaTiK has a brilliant future StaTiK has a brilliant future StaTiK has a brilliant future StaTiK has a brilliant future StaTiK's Avatar

i like it warren!!! i like it alot! much more simplified!
    1988 Nissan Pathfinder in the build - FJ20ET 4x4 rig coming soon
    "Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
    Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Gold Member Maxxiz is very helpful round here Maxxiz's Avatar

Lookin good dude
    -Max

Quote Originally Posted by top13s View Post
    i hate when guys talk down to girls or treat them lyk a peice of meat.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnmanIndustries View Post
    I love my meat. I handle it delicately and place it carefully into the frying pan or oven and watch over it as it cooks and then I slowly take my knife to it and enjoy it to the best of my ability.

brap brap brap StaTiK has a brilliant future StaTiK has a brilliant future StaTiK has a brilliant future StaTiK has a brilliant future StaTiK's Avatar

heh, i thought the forum had another glitch and half the page wasnt loading or somthing when i first logged on
    1988 Nissan Pathfinder in the build - FJ20ET 4x4 rig coming soon
    "Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
    Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."

SKIDZZZZZZZZZZZ top13s is very helpful round here top13s's Avatar

lol i had that same thought to i kept refreshing the page lol
    Where have all the exas gone

Guru Buzz has a brilliant future Buzz has a brilliant future Buzz has a brilliant future Buzz's Avatar

nice new it was coming looks good bro! much cleaner!!!
    Green is not a colour it's a state of mind!!

ALL YOUR GREEN M&M'S BELONG TO ME
    ShReXa in the making CLICK HERE

Exaless Bardock_4 has much to be proud of Bardock_4 has much to be proud of Bardock_4's Avatar

When i logged in i was the same for a couple of seconds... actually it's really good seeing something actually happening these days.

local s13 driver krikket_nx has a brilliant future krikket_nx has a brilliant future krikket_nx has a brilliant future krikket_nx has a brilliant future krikket_nx's Avatar

it hurts my brainnnnnnnn.. gotta get used to it lol

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways- Jack Daniels in one hand- shot of Vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO! ...what a ride!!"

Quote Originally Posted by SIK__M8 View Post
    i love the cock

local s13 driver krikket_nx has a brilliant future krikket_nx has a brilliant future krikket_nx has a brilliant future krikket_nx has a brilliant future krikket_nx's Avatar

and HOLY SHIT i am almost at 10k posts.

nice.

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways- Jack Daniels in one hand- shot of Vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO! ...what a ride!!"

Quote Originally Posted by SIK__M8 View Post
    i love the cock

Just looking back at archives, and there were about 75,000 posts made in off-topic in a 2 year period between mid-2006 and mid-2008 where it jumped from 41,000 total to over 115,000 total. Scary, considering that's 10% of all posts here!
    Warren & GeePee2
    R.I.P. GeePee

Sound System GOD bitches fever is a name known to all fever is a name known to all fever's Avatar

very nice
    Quote Originally Posted by exacyzm View Post
    I could weld better, and I have never welded anything in my life. I don't even know what end to weld with.
    Red Moon Build Thread
    Post your coupe here
    PARTS FOR SALESSS <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
    NAME YOUR RIDE HERE BITCHES
    RED ANGEL BUILD THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by krikket_nx View Post
    and HOLY SHIT i am almost at 10k posts.

nice.
    your telling me.....

Exactly how i reacted when i noticed.

Im sorry but I have a big problem with the North America consolidation. I know this is mostly an Austrailian site and consolidating areas there probably makes sense but for the few North American members I think it is going to be too difficult to search through all of your guys posts to find the few NA ones. I know there are not many posts in the NA section but I think it is necessary for us to keep it to avoid losing all our posts in the mix of everyone elses.
    SR20DET?

Guru Buzz has a brilliant future Buzz has a brilliant future Buzz has a brilliant future Buzz's Avatar

therers a way to find just the US stuff gimmie a mo i find the link!
    Green is not a colour it's a state of mind!!

ALL YOUR GREEN M&M'S BELONG TO ME
    ShReXa in the making CLICK HERE

Quote Originally Posted by tampapulsar View Post
    Im sorry but I have a big problem with the North America consolidation. I know this is mostly an Austrailian site and consolidating areas there probably makes sense but for the few North American members I think it is going to be too difficult to search through all of your guys posts to find the few NA ones. I know there are not many posts in the NA section but I think it is necessary for us to keep it to avoid losing all our posts in the mix of everyone elses.
    click the popular thread button and it'll show popular threads from all states and countries

that might help MAYBE :S

If you click on Search/advanced search you can search by tag...

Quote Originally Posted by tampapulsar View Post
    Here's a special link to view only North American threads. Bookmark it! And the more people post in those threads, the more they'll stay amongst the fray. There used to be a lot of offtopic talk in the state and country forums, however I'm hoping that the consolidation will move a lot of the offtopic threads back into the What's New forum, leaving the regional forum there to serve it's main purpose - meetups, cruises and local information. If that happens, I don't think you'll see too many new threads that will make things hard to find.

I just think it will take a bit of time for people to get used to, but I think it'll be better for the site. Removing areas that were becoming very slow moving will help the forum tick. If you have too many forums, people tend to not check every part and some discussions become stale, whereas if the same discussion takes place in a place where everyone goes, it tends to be noticed by more people who might have otherwise missed it.
    Warren & GeePee2
    R.I.P. GeePee

+ Reply to Thread