REMOVE ADS
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Auto log out

Platinum Member Ben Ritchie is very helpful round here Ben Ritchie's Avatar

Thumbs down Auto log out

Is there something that can be done to stop being logged out if idle for a short period It so annoying to have to keep logging in so often just because I'm trying to do other things at the same time (like doing something on the car), as looking up stuff in the forums for info.

Guru Buzz has a brilliant future Buzz has a brilliant future Buzz has a brilliant future Buzz's Avatar

i've never had this problem didn't know it existed
    Green is not a colour it's a state of mind!!

ALL YOUR GREEN M&M'S BELONG TO ME
    ShReXa in the making CLICK HERE

EXALATED Smurf4107 is very helpful round here Smurf4107's Avatar

Ive never had a problem. check your browser settings. otherwise log in and click remember me.

trust me it happens. I shouldn't have to set the webpage to remember me. This isn't a good idea anyway as it means that it saves your password in the computer. It is never a good idea to save passwords in your computer for obvious reasons. Is it possible for the people who run this website to do something about it. It becomes so annoying to have to log in constantly when I am still looking at something on the website. It is also annoying enough to not be bothered to use the site anymore and I think this would be a shame. I like the website but not if I have to log in constantly when I am still on the site.

Guru Buzz has a brilliant future Buzz has a brilliant future Buzz has a brilliant future Buzz's Avatar

it's not a bad thing as i only use the rember password feature on my personal laptop.. if you want to talk to someone best bet is to pm warren he'll sort it all out for ya. you should check your browers settings make sure it's not set delete the cookies every 5 mins
    Green is not a colour it's a state of mind!!

ALL YOUR GREEN M&M'S BELONG TO ME
    ShReXa in the making CLICK HERE

I will have a look at my browser settings but I don't think google chrome has those type of settings. I will have a look though. Thanks.

EXALATED Smurf4107 is very helpful round here Smurf4107's Avatar

I see your point but if its a personal PC and your not looking at "stuff" your Password should be fine. Google chrome does have cookie settings by default all browsers have them. Firefox is one of the best for things like that. I recommend it to all my customers at work.

I am not concerned with other people on my pc (there are none). If by any chance my pc is prowled on when I'm online, any password info stored on my pc would be vulnerable. I'm not being paranoid, I just believe it is a good habit not to leave login info anywhere(on pc or written down).
    As far as the cookie thing goes I never have to relogin to facebook for example when activity is idle. The only other sites I have come across this auto logout thing is on banking websites and it makes sense in their case - I don't think it is necessary for it to occur on a general info site such as nissanexa.com

I even had to log back in to write this post in reply !!
    Last edited by Ben Ritchie; 22nd April 2011 at 10:08 PM.

+ Reply to Thread