REMOVE ADS
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 93 nx coupe disc rotor size

Not so Newbie madmax3022 is very helpful round here madmax3022's Avatar

93 nx coupe disc rotor size

i bought some rotors recently and the description said it was for b13 nx 2L 91-94, mine is a 02/93 so i bought them..... they turned up and were way fatter than mine, wouldn't fit between the rotors and scrubbed on the metal backing plate. Is there a difference between manual and automatic models? the stud pattern was right but just way too wide and 3mm bigger in diameter

Regular Beebs is very helpful round here Beebs's Avatar

There is a difference in brake size.
    The NX has ad18vf brake calipers with the smaller rotors (same as n14 sss) and the NX-R has ad22vf calipers (same as n15 sss and GTiR).
    I'd say you've purchased rotors intended for an NX-R that have the ad22 calipers.
    If you have spent a decent amount on getting good rotors i'd suggest dropping down to a wrecker and seeing if you can find some ad22 front calipers (you'll also need pads to suit) and fit them up. As i said the only models in aus that came with the larger calipers and rotors are n15 SSS pulsar's, NX-R's and GTiR pulsars
    They are an excellent upgrade and will easily a majority of what you throw at them.
    If you look on the caliper itself it will say ad22vf and If you do go to the wreckers just tell them they are pulsar calipers so you don't get stung more for being a superior brake
    Last edited by Beebs; 2nd September 2011 at 11:01 AM.

thanks, i will try to find some pulsar calipers

Regular Beebs is very helpful round here Beebs's Avatar

So basically what im saying:
    NX/n14 sss = ad18 + smaller rotors
    NX-R/GTiR/N15 SSS = ad22 + larger and fatter rotors

yep thanks beebs that's what i needed to know. i have decided it will be easier for me at this stage to send the new ones back and replace them with the stock ones for now but with this info it will be good to know what to do when i get up to upgrading the brakes. Just gotta do enough to get it through roadworthy and on the road. Cheers

+ Reply to Thread