REMOVE ADS
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Smurf4107s N13 EXAs (DET Build in Progress

OK. So after quite some time ive got the orange beastly up to my new house. we just moved in so i can start to do some work on her. Obviously i now have a Det to play around with. Next is to get some fresh 98 octane fuel in the GP to see if she will run then she will be coming up and put in the carport to work on a bit more. Finally i can work on my exas properly again after a year and a bit of traveling over 45 mins to get there.

nice i bet thats a great feeling
    Green is not a colour it's a state of mind!!

ALL YOUR GREEN M&M'S BELONG TO ME
    ShReXa in the making CLICK HERE

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    nice i bet thats a great feeling
    is it ever. Time to swap a power steering rack.

Enjoy that feeling too.

Put the boots to him. Medium style.

I also got me some wheels. Thanks to Irishjoe. Will get some photos of them on the car this arvo.

Got halfway though the rear disk conversion only to find that i forgot to grab the brake line bolt end. As the break line goes straight into he drum brake but however bolts onto the disk brake using the banjo bolt. So i need to get the brake line end. Other than that got some nolathane bushes put in

While she is ass up in the air im gonna give her a good pressure wash underneath as there is heaps and i mean about a 1cm thick worth of dirt etc stuck the the underside of the car. Give the underside a clean then do the power steering rack

Read disks done bled and working gave her a quick run. Found a leaving hose that stupid little right angle one at the back. Ah well. I'll do it while I do the next job of swapping the ps rack.

bit of advice do it whens the racks out

Yeah I so plan to. It will give me a bit more room to do it all. Hopefully the n13 pulsar rack fits. Otherwise ill have to make a trip and get the one off my parts car.

i got a pulsar rack in mine so you wont have a problem

Sweet. Anything I have to change? Or direct swap? The thread on here says about the left mount might need to be the pulsar 1?

Off the top Of my head no I didn't but that was 8 years ago I did it tho

Thats all good. Ill find out when i go to do it.

So i found some rust. back right corner under the hatch seal. So that will be a fun one to fix. And back 1/4 just under the dent strip looks like its been hit and bogged up. so that will be fun when i go to do a new paint job.

Slowly moving gear out of the garage from the house move. Found another box of exa gear ive managed to collect for a while. Havent Moved any parts from my parts car yet and my shelving is almost full. Hopefuylly in the next few weeks to move the GP Here so i can work on getting her back on the road again.

Just a quick update. Long weekend monday today. Planned to do the rack and the leaky hose. Got the car up on stands. Couldn't find pliers. Had to get some new ones. Got to the shops got some. Started the car idles rough as a bastard file. Was low on fuel so got to the servo like that. Turned the car off. Put a bit of fuel in to last a few days. Start the car nothing. turns out after all the diagnosis at the petrol station the fuel pump in the commodore died. A day on the e,a turned into half a day stuck at the servo then getting home and fitting the new pump.

But I did find that the power steering lines for the exa rack are differant than the n13 pulsar ones. Did you find that buzz? How did you tackle those? I think I have a spare exa one some where with my parts car so worst case ill grab that.

I'm just finishing reading this thread, nice project you have there Smurf!

I'm also doing a rear disc conversion right now. I know some of my lines are leaking. I will have to check if the lines are cracked or just the joins that are leaking.
    did you replace your line? If yes, what did you use for your lines (3/16" steel line?) and do you know what are the size of the threaded fitting, 1/8" npt?

To be honest I don't remover having a problem putting it on I used all the exa lines

Quote Originally Posted by Datsun View Post
    I'm just finishing reading this thread, nice project you have there Smurf!

I'm also doing a rear disc conversion right now. I know some of my lines are leaking. I will have to check if the lines are cracked or just the joins that are leaking.
    did you replace your line? If yes, what did you use for your lines (3/16" steel line?) and do you know what are the size of the threaded fitting, 1/8" npt?
    Thanks. I didnt have to replace mine. They were all fine. The only spot that they would leak would be where a hose joins to the pipe. Unless some how you got a hole in it.

I just pulled the whole rear end out of a n13 sss pulsar. Used the Hubs etc. Has to get new hoses though and a hand break cable. So i went to a wreckers and pulled them off myself. Didn't do much playing around.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    To be honest I don't remover having a problem putting it on I used all the exa lines
    Haha ok then. The lines into the rack are on the front compared to the lines on the side like the exa. Ill continue to have a play and see what i can work out. Like i said i do have a spare exa one somewhere.