REMOVE ADS
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nissan Exa Turbo Cutting out while driving

Nissan Exa Turbo Cutting out while driving

Hi i am having problems with my baby. She cuts while driving no warning no nothing. After she does not start and usually have to leave for a while before she starts again. The other day she did it in traffic. What could be wrong.

Not so Newbie hd46510 is very helpful round here

im pretty sure it's a faulty CAS

It happened again, this time a started playing around touching wires etc. After a touched the distrubtor a heard the car boot up if could say. Then she started. Could this be a faulty distrubtor or igntion coil or wiring? Help don't want to sell her

EXALATED Smurf4107 is very helpful round here Smurf4107's Avatar

id say inside the dizzy the contacts may be warn out or they are dirty etc? Worth spraying a bit of CRC or WD40 in there and give them clean otherwise new dizzy time.
    Last edited by Smurf4107; 11th June 2013 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Smurf4107 View Post
    id say inside the dizzy the contacts may be warn out or they are dirty etc? Worth spraying a bit of CRC or WD40 in there and give them clean otherwise new dizzy time.
    mate, its a n12 turbo, so it should be the e15et engine -> no pointer contacts in the dizzy ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx32 View Post
    It happened again, this time a started playing around touching wires etc. After a touched the distrubtor a heard the car boot up if could say. Then she started. Could this be a faulty distrubtor or igntion coil or wiring? Help don't want to sell her
    im not sure if i understand you right...
    would do you mean by boot up?
    check if the connector in the dizzy is in place.

see if you can borrow a spare dizzy to try it on your car.

well the engine turns but does not start. What mean by reboot is like i can here my fuel pump starting up again once i fiddle around on the distributor, it looks like to loses power or something I have also lost a lot of power. It will try and clean the distributor and let you know how it goes.

EXALATED Smurf4107 is very helpful round here Smurf4107's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hd46510 View Post
    mate, its a n12 turbo, so it should be the e15et engine -> no pointer contacts in the dizzy ;-)
    Would still be worth cleaning it out and making sure its ok. Ive never worked on a e15et engine. But i have a basic understanding on how a dizzy works from other engines ive worked on.

Could be a heap of white 'dust' in the distributor, but sounds more like the common ecu plug problem. Have a search on that and then check your under the passenger seat.

Sam
    Member of: Team Glued Motor

#1 Street N12 in Aus: 13.20 @ 104mph
    6.75 @ 216mph on my bike
    visit: www.parkerdragracing.com for all the latest news

+ Reply to Thread