REMOVE ADS
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 1988 Nissan pulsar Nx Se Misfire !!!! help !!!!

Not so Newbie Carlcamon is very helpful round here

1988 Nissan pulsar Nx Se Misfire !!!! help !!!!

I have a huge misfire in my 1988 Nissan pulsar nx se. i replaced all the coils, and spark plugs. i tested the wire connectors to each coil pack and they are reading but when i unplug the 4th coil pack from the engine it does not effect the engine. what is the cause of this? and also could anyone tell me where the vehicle spped sensor is and the knock sensor is on this car?

EXA/NX Maniac stocknx is very helpful round here stocknx's Avatar

If the coil is working it would be down to the spark plug, fuel, or air in the cylinder. I would check the plug since it's the easiest, then go to the fuel. make sure your injector is working. and if those are both working the only thing I can think of after that is a bad valve. it's even possible that the butterfly in the intake manifold came loose and is blocking flow to that cylinder. although I haven't heard of it on the older styles.

EXALATED Smurf4107 is very helpful round here Smurf4107's Avatar

It can also be cause by a fulty ignitor module also. The loom that connects to the coil packs the other end goes to a ignitor module. May need to swap that out

1988 nissan pulsa r nx se

Hey guys thanks but i know the injectors are all working and the only cylinder that is not working is the 4th one. Could the ignition module have anything to do with this? if so where would i be able to get one for cheap or does anyone have one they are willing to sell or give away? Thanks in advance !!.

The ignition module can cause that issue yes. Ive had it a few time on mine.

You can find them on ebay. just search ca18 ignitor.

Can the ignitor module cause one cylinder or coil rather to lose power?

Yes

nissan pulsar

another question. where is the knock sensor located and does anyone have a picture showing where it is.

Here is a link.

Its on the back of the engine. same as this image in the link

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/davi...nsor2.jpg.html

thanks i have another question. my tach only works when i rev past 5 rpm and then sometime it works but the speedometer does not work at all what could be the cause of this? i read the codes on the ecu it said vehicle speed sensor. where is that located?

The speedo should be a cable. So that would be that the cable is broken or the plastic that attaches the speedo to the cable. Speed sensor might be the issue of the tach. But I think the more reasonable thing to assume would be a buildup of rust or something causing resistance. And it doesn't give it enough volts until it hits 5 to make it move.

do you know any places i can get a speedo cable?? and im just going to buy an aftermarket tach.

I have no idea. Probably a shop. But when my plastic piece broke I just fabbed up a new one and it worked fine. I would take the cluster out and see if it's broken. Because it's more then likely just that bit that broke.

ok thank you ! i am still trying to find a icm as well if you know any places where i can find one for cheap i would greatly apreciate it. i am a little tight on funds

Could a faulty igniter or ignition control module cause a camshaft position sensor error code ??

No. That would Mean your CAS is faulty.

i have another question. i have changed the spark plugs, coil packs, camshaft position sensor and ignition module. and i still have misfiring. what else could be the problem??

Find what cylinder is missing. By unplugging each coilpack 1 at a time. If you unplug it and there is no change to the running you know its that coil pack. Move that coilpack to another another cylinder and see if the miss moves.

If it does its the coilpack. if it doesnt id check the injector

The fuel injector is firing and im getting spark. could a burnt valve be the problem? and also do you think these cams shaft would fit in a stock ca18de without any problem or having to change anything? Procam CA18DE(T) Solid EX 270-9.25mm by Tomei

and also would this increase horsepower and torque? my current mods are cold air intake, high performance coil packs and plugs. and catback exhaust

+ Reply to Thread