REMOVE ADS
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 1988 Nissan pulsar Nx Se Misfire !!!! help !!!!

Newbie N13_SSSCa18 is very helpful round here

Quote Originally Posted by Carlcamon View Post
    The fuel injector is firing and im getting spark. could a burnt valve be the problem? and also do you think these cams shaft would fit in a stock ca18de without any problem or having to change anything? Procam CA18DE(T) Solid EX 270-9.25mm by Tomei
    Simple check, the black breather in the valley is prone to leaking as gasket fails over time, and this will eventually allow oil to pool in and around coil 1, however to answer your other question and offer some insight, those cams will be ok, providing you can have a good tune as well. Take it from me, my current daily driver is a ca18de in a n13 sss pulsar. 2 weeks ago at last dyno visit i made 98.5 fwkw. However I have spent thousands on this engine, only to be now building a det of the same caliber. But its manged by a Lt10c standalone and x4 igniter. I have those exact cams, but installed adjustable cam gears as well so they could be properly dialed in. Unless you are planning to use solid lifters you will need to buy the lash version of the cams. You will need a good set of valve springs as well, with around 70lb on seat. Added to that i had a full comp port and polish and new seats cut for the valve train.

I also modified inlet runner and removed powervalve butterfly. With proper tuning and machining, and some goodson porting putty, i can tell you that with a standalone ecu and all the pollution ancillaries removed I made more torque(not heaps) and more power. The moral here is I am a motor mech by trade and worked in a engine machine shop and no the ca18 inside and out.

I through around 10 large at this current engine, and now it is being replaced by a det. Sure its great fun to drive, but you will, and you know you will want more power. So if you aint on ya p's honestly do a det first up, and dont cut any corners. my bottom end is almost done with 180sx crank and rods, line honed, balanced and blueprinted with forged ross racing pistons. Old engine with heaps of potential, you just gotta treat her right.

Good Luck
    Last edited by N13_SSSCa18; 25th January 2015 at 05:38 PM.

Newbie Ottomobile is very helpful round here

Quote Originally Posted by Carlcamon View Post
    The fuel injector is firing and im getting spark. could a burnt valve be the problem? and also do you think these cams shaft would fit in a stock ca18de without any problem or having to change anything? Procam CA18DE(T) Solid EX 270-9.25mm by Tomei

Man, I know this is a really old topic. But I seem to be having a similar problem.

I have no spark going to my 4th cylinder...

Did you figure out what your problem was?

+ Reply to Thread