REMOVE ADS
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New owner, need some parts/info ? (Speedo/Timging belt/power windows/ performance)

Newbie Ottomobile is very helpful round here

New owner, need some parts/info ? (Speedo/Timging belt/power windows/ performance)

Just got a:
    1988 NX Sportbak 1.8 Manual.
    160k kms.
    Canadian Car.

1. Speedometer:
    The speedo doesn't work, we're sure it's the cable, the plastic bit that goes into the cluster has a crack in it.
    What's my best/affordable option to replace/fix it? (already tried the local wrecker, no dice).

2. Timing Belt/Maintenance:
    We're not sure the last time the Timing belt was done... Should I change it soon to be on the safe side?
    How hard/costly is it to replace?
    What other maintenance should I do while I'm at it?

3. Power windows/locks?
    Is there a mainstream way about upgrading to power windows and or locks*?
    What's the simplest/cleanest way to achieve this?
    *note I value power windows much more than locks.

4. Performance mods:
    It's a peppy lil car stock, anything entry stage mods/upgrades to consider?

EXALATED Smurf4107 is very helpful round here Smurf4107's Avatar

Hi mate and welcome to the forum.

Not much action on here now the facebook page is where most people are now.

However i can help a bit.

Point 1 - youll need to find a good cable unfortunatly. Or some how fix the existing. You are correct about the plastic pin being damaged and not working.

Point 2 - for sure replace it. Better to do it and know its done than run it till it blows. Bit of work involved but the FSM gives you the steps to do it.

Point 3 - there was a Series 3 pulsar / Exa that came with factory electric windows. Not locks tho. Find the trims and all the wiring from a s3 and swap it all in. Otherwise aftermarket is the way to go.

Point 4 - No real mods that are cheap etc - just do regular oil changes and run good fuel 98 octane preferred.

Quote Originally Posted by Smurf4107 View Post
    Hi mate and welcome to the forum.

Not much action on here now the facebook page is where most people are now.

However i can help a bit.

Point 1 - youll need to find a good cable unfortunatly. Or some how fix the existing. You are correct about the plastic pin being damaged and not working.

Point 2 - for sure replace it. Better to do it and know its done than run it till it blows. Bit of work involved but the FSM gives you the steps to do it.

Point 3 - there was a Series 3 pulsar / Exa that came with factory electric windows. Not locks tho. Find the trims and all the wiring from a s3 and swap it all in. Otherwise aftermarket is the way to go.

Point 4 - No real mods that are cheap etc - just do regular oil changes and run good fuel 98 octane preferred.

1. where should I order one? (I'll ship from just about anywhere)

2. link to the guide?

3. Can you be more specific about that model so I can search for it? Parts numbers?

4. 98? really?

EXALATED Smurf4107 is very helpful round here Smurf4107's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ottomobile View Post
    1. where should I order one? (I'll ship from just about anywhere)

2. link to the guide?

3. Can you be more specific about that model so I can search for it? Parts numbers?

4. 98? really?
    1. - Probably put a post on the FB group or something for some one parting the same car. Wont find 1 new.

2. http://www.nissanexa.com/showthread....CA18DET-Manual

3. series 3 was released in 1990-1991 (i dont have part numbers)

4. 98 - yes well thats what we have here in Australia. I dont know what quality fuels you have there.

Quote Originally Posted by Smurf4107 View Post
    1. - Probably put a post on the FB group or something for some one parting the same car. Wont find 1 new.

2. http://www.nissanexa.com/showthread....CA18DET-Manual

3. series 3 was released in 1990-1991 (i dont have part numbers)

4. 98 - yes well thats what we have here in Australia. I dont know what quality fuels you have there.
    1. Link to the fb group?

3. I can't seem to find the part about the timing in those links in that post. Where is it?

+ Reply to Thread