REMOVE ADS
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jared's 🅱️ulsar Owner Thread

Not so Newbie

June 23rd, 2019:

I haven't updated this in a while, but I'm happy to report that the Pulsar has been running fine. I'm still missing my 5th-gear but that will be taken care of soon. Other than that, it does 65 mph reliably and comfortably.

My power steering pump has always made noise but I never really paid attention to it because I didn't find this engine's accessories worth maintaining. One day, I decided to take a look at why it's been whining and sure enough the reservoir was dry. Not low, bone dry. I threw some ATF in there and it seemed to like it. The pump is definitely worn out because I get this weird jerking motion when I turn the wheel in a certain way but I'm honestly not worried about it.

I finally got around to adding the SE aero piece to the XE fender I picked up a while ago. It definitely makes the car look so much better, I'm kind of salty that I didn't get around to it earlier.

I also brought a little bit of Australia back with me to the states:

Yesterday, I took the Pulsar to The Driveway in San Jose for an alignment. I noticed when under the car that my right CV boot exploded all over the wheel. That will need to get replaced soon.

Looking good mate - glad to see some one is still working on one haha - mine has been sleeping since it got a wee bit to hot.